Finishing Zir. Bruxer crs

G

Gene

Reaction score
My Doc's are asking for bruxers more and more. The scanning lab I use has a basic anatomy which I would like to fine tune. I am courious if anyone has suggestion on type of burs, diamond to scribe occusal anatomy. This stuff is really tough! Gene

C

charles007

Reaction score
Forget about grinding in anatomy... some labs hand wax and use silicone molds to aid in waxing nice anatomy.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
grind it before you sinter it.

Otherwise, you'll go broke in burrs.

Ask milling center to add better anatomy somehow.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
what system does the scanning lab use?

C

charles007

Reaction score
My Doc's are asking for bruxers more and more. The scanning lab I use has a basic anatomy which I would like to fine tune. I am curious if anyone has suggestion on type of burs, diamond to scribe occlusal anatomy. This stuff is really tough! Gene

Some scanners have larger anatomy libraries, but... once you drop in your antagonists your anatomy changes.. SO, it appears from what you saying your milling lab is not very experienced , or maybe doing simple anatomy to save on designing time..Ask your lab to give you more than simple anatomy and see what they can do.... May want to give Scott a call at ***....His staff can carve circles around many milling labs and might save you a few bucks !
Anatomy can be carved in easily with the waxing tools with any scanner. If you don't know what your doing, new to designing, lack of knowledge of anatomy, you may see most anything milled.

Charles

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
My wife adds anatomy if it does not look like a tooth out of the mill with a high speed NSK and needle point bur BEFORE stains and sintering. Very light touch.

That's the only way you are going to make it look like a PFM.

Never seen a mill with a needle point bur doing the secondary anatomy ONLY, but I'm sure it will happen one day.

Zirconia is too hard to do this in the green state. You will get burnt Grey metal all over the Occlusal, or go broke in diamond point burs.

Last edited:
G

Gene

Reaction score
thanks for all your suggestion. I spoke to my milling center and he said they will use a more complex anatomy file. I am not able to have the coping in the green state, I think that would be the best to be able to design to my liking. If I was able to get the coping in the green state, can I center in my everyday porc. furnace? Was under the impression that the temp is very high and would in time harm the furnace.
Again Thanks for the suggestion, I really like this forum. Alot of knowledge in this group!
Gene

C

charles007

Reaction score
Gene, you will need a sintering oven, prices start at 5k . Then you could touch up your anatomy like Scott was talking about and do your own coloring. If you not happy with your shades now, you could probably do a better job yourself.. I'm hearing that some labs are doing there own sintering, not sure if its a good idea or not. Financially you will never break even, but your shades could be more consistant.