Exam

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Will be taking my Specialty and Comprehensive exams on 6-18-11 in San Antonio. Wish me Luck!!!! Any advise??

Joel

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Luck.....

How far do you have to travel to take the test?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
The best of luck, what is UR specialty, how long have U been a working tech?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Will be taking my Specialty and Comprehensive exams on 6-18-11 in San Antonio. Wish me Luck!!!! Any advise??

Joel

Stay focused and good luck.

You have my respect!

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
I am travelling about 3 hr to SA, Tx. My Specialty are Dentures which I have been doing for about ten yrs now. Thanks for all the best wishes. Really nervous about the Comprehensive Exam!!!

K

kcb

Reaction score
Think about taking the exam.

Hello, I am thinking about taking the CDT exam . Other than the air force manual's is there any other study guide's I can use? Thank You

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Hello, I am thinking about taking the CDT exam . Other than the air force manual's is there any other study guide's I can use? Thank You

Study Groups have been another alternative, if you can find one in your area.

P

PeroutySmiles

Reaction score
If you know whats in the Air Force manuals you'll do more than fine.

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Go to Bed! sleep on your Air Force Manuel
:)
And good luck tomorrow!

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Thanks for all the wishes, They helped out. I Passed both the Comprehensive and Denture Specialty exams I took last month in SA, Tx.

Next is the Practical in Fenton. Mo on August 27.

Again wish me luck!!

H

HDL Owner

Reaction score
Going to killed here! CDT is great and now you have a patch and certificate to prove you have completed a study course and have the ability to perform such however,does not time in service, quality of work, Dr's referrals speak louder? If the tech turns to cheap imports and shoddy work on cases cancel the CDT out? Personally, if I get a cold call for my services, I first ask: Were you referred to HDL? if the answer is no, I simply say : "not taking any new Dr's, Thank you for calling though" It means they are not paying their lab bills and I am next on their list!

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Going to killed here! CDT is great and now you have a patch and certificate to prove you have completed a study course and have the ability to perform such however,does not time in service, quality of work, Dr's referrals speak louder? If the tech turns to cheap imports and shoddy work on cases cancel the CDT out? Personally, if I get a cold call for my services, I first ask: Were you referred to HDL? if the answer is no, I simply say : "not taking any new Dr's, Thank you for calling though" It means they are not paying their lab bills and I am next on their list!

thanks for the input. i didn't take any formal classes. all of my education was OJT. Took and passed all the exam, in a 4 month time frame, I needed to be a lab owner, legally...

longest 4 month of my life.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Congrats ! You have my respect!

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! Just to make sure things are clear. I have the utmost RESPECT for everyone who attended any institute that offered a Dental Technician program. My father attended and graduated from TSTI in TX. Who better to teach me!!!

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! Just to make sure things are clear. I have the utmost RESPECT for everyone who attended any institute that offered a Dental Technician program. My father attended and graduated from TSTI in TX. Who better to teach me!!!

I'm learning from my dad too. He attended, graduated, and taught at TSTI in TX. Small world...

T

Tonkster

Reaction score
I'm learning from my dad too. He attended, graduated, and taught at TSTI in TX. Small world...

it is a small world. if you ever need a copy of the latest Air Force manuals let me know. i have the latest version in electronic form.