The wave of intraoral scanners

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
awww.a_tron3d.com_tl_files_public_en_gallery_g._20neu_1.jpg
Interesting "design." Enjoy this funny video. YouTube - ‪a.tron3d - Intraoral Scanner - digital impression workflow‬‏

Here's the company website.

Digital Workflow-a.tron3d ® gmbh :: preserve your smile …

On a side note, there appears to be a ton of copy cat or re-branding of the same wand scanners. We need a dang genealogist.

All re-brands of the same device...(China involvement?)
Cyrtina
Clon 3D - Progress IODIS
Intraoral Scanner
MyRay iD3 3D intraoral scanner

Other pop up intraoral scanners.
Densys3D
Advanced intra-oral dental scanner | DPI-3D
IOS FastScan Digital Impression and Modeling System - IOS Technologies, Inc.
Produkte - Digitizer - directScan

and, while each link led to another, I found this amazing article which explains all of the interconnections.
ISPUB - A Comparative Analysis Of Intraoral 3d Digital Scanners For Restorative Dentistry
awww.a_tron3d.com_tl_files_public_en_gallery_g._20neu_1.jpg

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
Milling a base plate

I wonder how long it will take to before we will be able to scan a mouth and mill an acyclic denture base to make complete dentures. No more impression I think I could live with that.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Am I the only one looking at some of these and wondering how they get cleaned - the cheap ones look like a wet wipe would kill them

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks for finding that Patmo.

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Am I the only one looking at some of these and wondering how they get cleaned - the cheap ones look like a wet wipe would kill them

And infection control barriers are hard to image through. :eek:

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Funny little red ball...i was waiting for 8 legs to pop out and it start shooting those people with lasers.

Do any of you have any experience with digital impressions? I have a doc interested in doing them with his cerec (i think?). Does it just go to a central milling center then shipped to the lab ? Can you have it sent anywhere or does it have to be a specific milling center?

Another question.. Ive seen the cerec inlab firsthand and was horrified at how it was unable to read the margins of an average prep... so how could it possibly read the prep in the mouth?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I'm waiting for 3Shape's Trios, it looks like some sort of laser ray gun that you're pointing into someone's mouth..VERY inviting. :confused:

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
OH, one question I have...can these 'intraloral' scanners be used as a desktop scanner instead of the big box machines?

P

patmo141

Sponsors
Reaction score
Mark Jackson has commented on this before with some insightful predictions. Why wouldn't we want an "electric toothbrush sized wand" which we can just wave around on a model. I think the best lab set up would be a desktop scanner with a wand as an adjunct for filling in parts or for quick things.

a. there is nothing stopping anybody from using handheld in a laboratory

b. pros and cons are going to be accuracy, speed etc. I would say it's just like a desktop or laptop computer. Portability etc usually comes with a trade off of either performance or price. No cake and eating too!! (yet)

2bearnest

Reaction score
On a side note, there appears to be a ton of copy cat or re-branding of the same wand scanners. We need a dang genealogist.

Are any of these worth looking into? I recently read an article about a few new IOS unveiled at IDS that also mentioned a.tron3d. My instinct is RUN! Noone wants an mp3 player that's not an iPod. But who knows?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mark Jackson has commented on this before with some insightful predictions. Why wouldn't we want an "electric toothbrush sized wand" which we can just wave around on a model. I think the best lab set up would be a desktop scanner with a wand as an adjunct for filling in parts or for quick things.

a. there is nothing stopping anybody from using handheld in a laboratory

b. pros and cons are going to be accuracy, speed etc. I would say it's just like a desktop or laptop computer. Portability etc usually comes with a trade off of either performance or price. No cake and eating too!! (yet)
Oh yes there is and I love cake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom