What do you use to adjust your Zirconia

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
My Drs. brought to my attention that me finishing my margins with a highspeed with H2o spray is subject to problems. I loved using this handpiece it really improved my production. If you know of something better Let us know.
Thanks
Stan:frusty:

P

paulg100

Reaction score
In my opinion your better off using diamond impregnated stones like diagens at a slow speed than using a 60,0000rpm fast handpeice with water irrigation.

Still will cut through zironcia easy and fast.

There just a bit $$ though.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks

your right about the price, do you get much service out or those stones. In what I'm doing am I creating fractures? They should show up pretty quick shouldn't they.
Thanks for the quick response
Stan

C

charles007

Reaction score
I thought a high speed handpiece with spray using at a low speed was the best way to grind on zirconia. Its the heat that creates microcracks, so I though. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I do use both fine diamonds/spray, and diamond impregnated wheels with my electric handpiece....

Think we Mark to the rescue ! popcorn

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Hey Charles

My highspeed at low speed got no torque

C

charles007

Reaction score
HEY STAN THE MAN, AND NOW THE LAVA MAN

My setting on my NSK Aqua II read .02 when I have the petal to the metal, I probably use about half throttle or more.
Why not put a little fire under Scott's ace and tell him to do a better job.... or just let me do your designing if that old man in front of your Lava scanner can't get it right..... Stan :D hehe
Stan, if your struggling at your age, I may as well put my scanner on Ebay today :)

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Scott does a great job

He just want let me cut my design down at the margin makes me keep it at 0.10 . use to take me 1.15 min. now takes me 1.30 min. to finish my margins.:bawling:.
I see the rapture missed you to
Stan

C

charles007

Reaction score
He just want let me cut my design down at the margin makes me keep it at 0.10 . use to take me 1.15 min. now takes me 1.30 min. to finish my margins.:bawling:.
I see the rapture missed you to
Stan
No train on my road, did hit one of my accounts office, but not badly damaged. It wiped off the map the office just feet away from his office. Now its Extremely depressing when I go to his office for pickups and see all the destruction around that area.

I understand the design and reasons for doing it, just giving you and Scott a hard time......We don't want those fragile margins to chip off when milled :)
My margins will be designed similar with less than 2 minutes to finish also.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I use White or Yellow banded (very fine and ultra fine) Zirconia diamonds from Komet on the high speed. We don't really spin it that fast. Lasts forever.

I would not use the big synthetic stones. That's really abusive.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
My Drs. brought to my attention that me finishing my margins with a highspeed with H2o spray is subject to problems. I loved using this handpiece it really improved my production. If you know of something better Let us know.
Thanks
Stan:frusty:

i think these work best. use a regular handpiece. these cut/adjust lithium disilicate and zirconia very nice. they dont create alot of heat, chatter or skip. yes, they are more expensive but they work very well and last forever. they offer all shapes as well.
XPdent - Sintered Diamond Diagens

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I do not recommend using these.

We don't accept returns if you use this style of stone.

Stick with fine/Ultra-fine diamonds.

If you feel the need to pull out a 1" diameter stone, then your framework was designed wrong.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
Thanks

:wave:You just can't get this great quality of advise any where. I can carry this data to any Dr. and feel confident that they are recieving the best info.Thanks to every one. Scott and Charles Great hearing from you both.
Stan

C

charles007

Reaction score
Scott, I'm getting low on my Komet FG, HP diamonds and need to reorder. Would you post the diamonds you use on margins, and when you use the extra fine compared to fine? I never thought about using extra fine... I'm assuming you only use fg and spray on the margins.
What do you use on full contour when there high in occlusion and slight contour, contact adjustments ? I use a FG football shape on occlusion.
May as well list all tools used when adjusting zirconia in FG and HP, if you use HP tools.
I'll sit back and let you educate us on grinding on zirconia with that loving touch that's needed ....popcorn

Last edited:
Top Bottom