stevo

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELkzHBIKayI[/YOUTUBE]

Has anyone used this system?
What do the patient say the improvement is

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
What completely unadulterated BS...........

It rates up here with this marvelous idea..... Suction-cup Dentures and aren't they lovely.....LMAO

stevo

stevo

Reaction score
I thought as much are now been advertised in Australia must have run out of sucker in Canada and U.SA
thanks for your thoughts

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Well it works for the soap in my bathroom - for a day or two anyway

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
What completely unadulterated BS...........

It rates up here with this marvelous idea..... Suction-cup Dentures and aren't they lovely.....LMAO

TCS supplies the burr & silicone & binder to make these appliances. I've done 3 on ridge-less uppers 2 are still in use (about 2.5yr) 1 was a hospice and I suspect buried.
As a last resort, when there is neither money or bone for implants, I would do more, I tell the DDS its is a short term solution for a long term problem. I guess I don't completely trust the bond between the silicone & my PMMA.:noidea:
I've used the silicone on a lower soft liner and the patient is a diabetic friend and she is fine with it, no separation in 2 years, and no mold.

M

Martin Lonky

Reaction score
I wouldn't discount the system especially when claims are supported by clinical evidence.
THE EFFECT OF ULTRA-SUCTION SYSTEM ON THE RETENTION OF MANDIBULAR COMPLETE DENTURE
Badra H S et al
EDJ Volume (56),Number (1.1),Jan 2010

Happy reading folks

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
I wouldn't discount the system especially when claims are supported by clinical evidence.
THE EFFECT OF ULTRA-SUCTION SYSTEM ON THE RETENTION OF MANDIBULAR COMPLETE DENTURE
Badra H S et al
EDJ Volume (56),Number (1.1),Jan 2010

Happy reading folks

Sounds like your a associate........ How much you make off that snake oil?

M

Martin Lonky

Reaction score
One MDS lecturer and two professors of prosthodontics came to the conclusion that UltraSuction is beneficial in resisting dislodging forces after clinical trials. Are you in a position to doubt it? These denturism instant courses for plaster mixers don't teach you the meaning of " Clinical Evidence" ?

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
coming from in office lab,we have one case out now.30 days out now and pt is very well pleased so far. mid 50's female,c/c with ultra suction in upper only. very shallow palate. previously had suction but easily dislodged. it's too soon for her to consider palate removal but she states there is a very noticeable difference in fit and function. I too was a doubter but am starting to come around. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

A

asiaforever007

Reaction score
Anyone there needing to purchase some Ultra-suction kits let me know.I"m in Australia though.I had a little more success with the kits than the Guy from New Zealand that introduced me to them some years ago didnt like him at all.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Just to dig up a dead horse so we can beat it some more, we've done three cases so far and are two and one. Works best with wide, smooth ridge. I agree it's not the optimum treatment, but most people can't afford that. Just another option to consider.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Would a luckman pp seal be more effective? It creates good retention on a shallow palate.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Implants or nothin'. There is no "quick fix", or magic cure for a lower denture that doesn't fit. Every so often someone with a patent comes along with a "revolutionary" non surgical idea to seat a lower denture. I have had two different patients come into my office with them and in both cases they ended up going ahead with implant retained dentures. Pay once, cry once.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Good luck if you run into one. The group reselling in the US is kaput, and the company doesn't answer eMail. Well they may still, but it's been 2 weekd.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Implants or nothin'. There is no "quick fix", or magic cure for a lower denture that doesn't fit. Every so often someone with a patent comes along with a "revolutionary" non surgical idea to seat a lower denture. I have had two different patients come into my office with them and in both cases they ended up going ahead with implant retained dentures. Pay once, cry once.
Perm Soft liner on the lower can sometimes provide a little better handling, with soft liner you can run a very small .25-.5mm bead on cast 1-2mm above peripheral roll. If you do it just right so that it doesn't displace denture it can add a compression suction seal, Only marginally better. Still may not be as good as jut a hard reline.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I 20 years, I have yet to see a soft liner Ever improve retention. It helps with comfort. But To tell a patient that a soft liner will potentially provide retention at any amount, is something I will never do.

Fogember

Reaction score
30 + years ago when I worked in house for a Prosthodontist he had a patient come with a denture that had magnets set in the upper and lower posterior with opposing poles. Guy had them in for many years. Yes he said a dentist put them in, and yes they were slightly rusted! This is no **it I saw them!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
30 + years ago when I worked in house for a Prosthodontist he had a patient come with a denture that had magnets set in the upper and lower posterior with opposing poles. Guy had them in for many years. Yes he said a dentist put them in, and yes they were slightly rusted! This is no **it I saw them!
Probably an upgrade from the springs he had originally.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
There is always the old school lead weight in the lower.