Creation Zi CT

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone !

So I have been playing around with Creation ZiCT porcelain for the last 3 weeks . Haven't done much with it yet, but here is two cases I enjoyed doing with it .

Prettau style screw retained bridge , white and pink

Full arch , 4 bridges . 6 anterior is layered on the facial with full palatal zirconia

Pros
  • Shrinknage is almost zero. Have never experienced anything like this with any other system I have tried. Same for tearing at the interproximals . ZERO
  • Great warmth shade wise . I can't fully explain it but it looks really really pretty .
  • When doing facial layering only , the connection between zirconia and ceramic at the incisal is invisible . Unlike e.max .
  • Great stability through multiple firings . No more missing rounded edges, no more value change that I had with every non high fusing system I have tried . And when I say all , I mean all .
  • Great range of effects , enamels , pink porcelain .

Cons
  • I need to learn a new system and it is a bit different from what i was using till now. Need to mix a lot .
  • I am not Stefan Picha or Skip Carpenter ... damn !!

H

howitsmade

Reaction score
Can you describe a first dentin firing program you have used on first case?

K

KIM

Reaction score
Hey everyone !

So I have been playing around with Creation ZiCT porcelain for the last 3 weeks . Haven't done much with it yet, but here is two cases I enjoyed doing with it .

Prettau style screw retained bridge , white and pink

Full arch , 4 bridges . 6 anterior is layered on the facial with full palatal zirconia

Pros
  • Shrinknage is almost zero. Have never experienced anything like this with any other system I have tried. Same for tearing at the interproximals . ZERO
  • Great warmth shade wise . I can't fully explain it but it looks really really pretty .
  • When doing facial layering only , the connection between zirconia and ceramic at the incisal is invisible . Unlike e.max .
  • Great stability through multiple firings . No more missing rounded edges, no more value change that I had with every non high fusing system I have tried . And when I say all , I mean all .
  • Great range of effects , enamels , pink porcelain .
Cons
  • I need to learn a new system and it is a bit different from what i was using till now. Need to mix a lot .
  • I am not Stefan Picha or Skip Carpenter ... damn !!

Beautiful work Drizz! We love ZI CT!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Beautiful work Drizz! We love ZI CT!

ZI-F Party

I know, I know, maybe I should try it, but since it (ZI-F) fires at a lower temp, I'm able to use it on more framework types.

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
Beautiful! I love zict too. Another huge thing i notice is that the incisal edges dont chip away as much as im grinding in the wrong direction. With most other ceramics including zif, pretty big pieces chip away. Feels much more dense. Chroma is a bit intense i think. I usually mix 1/3-1/2 of a lighter dentin with my rxed dentin shade.

user name

user name

Reaction score
ZI-F Party

I know, I know, maybe I should try it, but since it (ZI-F) fires at a lower temp, I'm able to use it on more framework types.
What do you mean 'framework types'?

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
What do you mean 'framework types'?
Think he means diff substructure materials. Zr, emax, lisi. I use zif sometimes on my emax and hass amber press. But i pretty much use zict for zr unless i dont have a specific powder as i dont buy full kits.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks guys !! Haven't tried Zif but I have lots of my friends around the world using it on e.max for years with no problems !!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks guys !! Haven't tried Zif but I have lots of my friends around the world using it on e.max for years with no problems !!

Same here, pretty much since it came out in the original formula, pre-"F" version.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
IMG_4688.JPG IMG_4690.JPG IMG_4689.JPG Hey everyone , anothe CT case I just got pics from the dentist . Two unit bridge, canine with lateral as a pontic. Long distance client, worked only with photos without meeting the patient. Really happy with the outcome

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
View attachment 26916 View attachment 26918 View attachment 26917 Hey everyone , anothe CT case I just got pics from the dentist . Two unit bridge, canine with lateral as a pontic. Long distance client, worked only with photos without meeting the patient. Really happy with the outcome

Very nice work and excellent outcome, Drizzt.

When are you coming to Jensen Education Day and doing your hands on table clinic, or doing
a 2-3 day hands on course?

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
Amazing work Drizzt..
Value, chroma, hue, texture, and translucency is spot on. This case is
beyond incredible.... Do you feel Creation ZI-CT helps in achieving this kind of level of work ?
Did you use any external staining when you glazed ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Very nice work and excellent outcome, Drizzt.

When are you coming to Jensen Education Day and doing your hands on table clinic, or doing
a 2-3 day hands on course?

Sounds interesting !! Once I am invited !!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Drizzt, Kevin at Jensen needs to bring you to the US and give a few classes while you vacation over here.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Drizzt, Kim needs to bring you to the US and give a few classes while you vacation over here.

Absolutely agree. @KIM

edit: now a Featured Thread (unless I'm just now noticing it?) Thank you, @Travis :)

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Deleted post.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind comments .

Charles yes I believe that if I made this case with another porcelain it would look different . With e.max a bit low value, with GC a bit hard in the eye for me . A bit cold . CT is really bright and looks really nice in the mouth