IT'S FRIDAY!! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Finishing some cosmetic repairs to our new home, and hopefully moving our furniture in this weekend... And of course watching some fireworks with an ice cold beverage

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Friday has crept on us once again!! and what am I doing this weekend?!?! MORE PAINTING!!! UGHHHHH!! Have worked on painting this entire condo all week, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now... I got a little more painting to do, cleaning and prepping the condo to list on Monday... Not to mention all of the yard work and stuff I need to do at the new house still... I will be staying busy all weekend I am sure!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Friday has crept on us once again!! and what am I doing this weekend?!?! MORE PAINTING!!! UGHHHHH!! Have worked on painting this entire condo all week, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now... I got a little more painting to do, cleaning and prepping the condo to list on Monday... Not to mention all of the yard work and stuff I need to do at the new house still... I will be staying busy all weekend I am sure!

You can choose to bristle at the task or learn to brush it off.:cool:

That's how I roll....:D

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yeah but think about how much money you're saving by doing the painting yourself, AND how much you're going to make when it sells!

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Yeah but think about how much money you're saving by doing the painting yourself, AND how much you're going to make when it sells!

I agree Doris! Thanks for the kind words and reminder that its all gonna pay off in the end... I just hope to never see a paint brush or roller again for quite awhile after painting this entire house, and our old condo in the past month!! im so sick of painting... don't see how people can do it everyday to make a living. They have my respect!!

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I agree Doris! Thanks for the kind words and reminder that its all gonna pay off in the end... I just hope to never see a paint brush or roller again for quite awhile after painting this entire house, and our old condo in the past month!! im so sick of painting... don't see how people can do it everyday to make a living. They have my respect!!

Once upon a time in my early 20's I was a painter. My buddy Bob who was a painter needed help and asked me if I wanted to learn.
I accepted the offer and man was I in for an interesting journey. I had met my buddy Bob at the local bar and knew he painted houses
and stuff like that for a living. Come to find out 90% of his work was in huge lavish homes. I learned to cut a straight line and how to brush
and roll paint on correctly. He didn't like taping off ANYTHING! so you either made the cut or you didn't working with Bob. I did make the cut
and worked with him for a couple of years. Making $150 a day cash in the 90's wasn't a bad pay day.

J

John C

Reaction score
Heading out to Lake Havasu as if it wasnt hot enough here in the Inland Empire

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Once upon a time in my early 20's I was a painter. My buddy Bob who was a painter needed help and asked me if I wanted to learn.
I accepted the offer and man was I in for an interesting journey. I had met my buddy Bob at the local bar and knew he painted houses
and stuff like that for a living. Come to find out 90% of his work was in huge lavish homes. I learned to cut a straight line and how to brush
and roll paint on correctly. He didn't like taping off ANYTHING! so you either made the cut or you didn't working with Bob. I did make the cut
and worked with him for a couple of years. Making $150 a day cash in the 90's wasn't a bad pay day.

WOW! I wish I had someone to take me under their wing and show me the right way to paint a home about a month ago when I started this journey.... I finally learned a little trick over the past week on how to not use tape like you were mentioning when painting. I bought an edger tool from Lowes for like $5 that has saved me several hours in time taping all of my edges, and the condo we are trying to sell turned out GREAT!! wish I would have known about this tool prior to painting the house I just moved into... I taped every edge and spent WAYYYY more time on painting/taping than I should have... both have turned out very nicely.. Condo is going on the market on Wednesday, doing walk through tonight, and pictures tomorrow, then on the market wednesday... wish me luck!! I need a new pair of shoes!!! LOL Luckily its a sellers market right now in KY so hopefully everything will work out?!?! Thanks for sharing your experiences with painting with me. I have learned ALOT during this process, how to lay flooring, paint a home the correct way, and several other lessons I cant even begin to think of because I think I am still asleep at the moment, (spent 12 hours yesterday installing a new water heater in this home of ours) but I know that all of the work I have done will last awhile, and were done because they HAD TO BE DONE! The water heater in this home I bought was 23 years old!!! you cant hardly find a water heater that will last that long now-a-days!! just hoping to sell this condo and officially be able to settle into this new home and focus on all the little things I want to do to this home to make it OUR home!! Thanks Ron for the words of encouragement! Wish us luck!!!

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Heading out to Lake Havasu as if it wasnt hot enough here in the Inland Empire

I have never been to lake havasu, but have seen some videos on youtube about the place!! Looks like they get wild out there!! Hope you had a fun and safe weekend!?!?!

J

John C

Reaction score
I have never been to lake havasu, but have seen some videos on youtube about the place!! Looks like they get wild out there!! Hope you had a fun and safe weekend!?!?!
It does get wild. We generally stay away from that part of the lake. We had a good time. Didnt spend a lot of time on the water. Only half day out. This trip was mostly to get our boat serviced to be ready for a 4 day trip planned later this month at Laughlin/Lake Mojave...

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'll be here for the next ten days...surprised my family with a last minute ticket. :D
8492ae599eab2402ffa6be9e4c13bb64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'll be here for the next ten days...surprised my family with a last minute ticket. :D
8492ae599eab2402ffa6be9e4c13bb64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Creo que puedo ver tu casa desde aquí.

¿Cómo está la cerveza local?

Top Bottom