Argen

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
VP... lol, I had the top VP call me last year after reading my posts here on DLN...
The crown from today was a mistake of the bar code I'm sure.. Everybody makes mistakes but I rather use
small milling labs which never make mistakes like these. This small group of fcz crowns was sent in with other DPM metal crowns..
To Argen's credit, Argen does have some of the best support of the many companies I've worked with over the many years in the lab business.
What are some of the more consistent quality milling places out there?

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
VP... lol, I had the top VP call me last year after reading my posts here on DLN...
The crown from today was a mistake of the bar code I'm sure.. Everybody makes mistakes but I rather use
small milling labs which never make mistakes like these. This small group of fcz crowns was sent in with other DPM metal crowns..
To Argen's credit, Argen does have some of the best support of the many companies I've worked with over the many years in the lab business.

Yes, they do read the posts on here. Overall, I've been happy with their services and follow ups. It's a tough business to hit the target every time and do it quickly.

C

charles007

Reaction score
As far as shades.. want even go there.... :(

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I received some of your crowns once Charles.
The shades were fine but you should dial in those contacts a bit more.
I like to go home around 5pm.:rolleyes:

J

John C

Reaction score
I have been overall happy with Argens service and quality. Never received the wrong crown. I did just receive an slm bridge that wasnt close to fitting. It was strange. Only a small section of a margin was way off. It looked like either the laser misfired or someone ground off the margin and tried to repair it with a laser welder. Once I ground away that section it seated fine. Unfortunately the margin was no longer there. Re ordered that one and am returning the bad one. And yes I double checked the design and there were no issues there.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Well more remakes from Argen today. BangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead
2 DPM in HN full cast gold crown that want even come close to seating and flat margins on feather edges preps.
Can't take any more stress. I'm done..........
fyi.. using Hybrid scanner, newest Exocad updates, scanning with colLab 2017 newest update, and calibrating scanner every day I scan.
Zero bad fits with any other milling lab.

K

KIM

Reaction score
Well more remakes from Argen today. BangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead
2 DPM in HN full cast gold crown that want even come close to seating and flat margins on feather edges preps.
Can't take any more stress. I'm done..........
fyi.. using Hybrid scanner, newest Exocad updates, scanning with colLab 2017 newest update, and calibrating scanner every day I scan.
Zero bad fits with any other milling lab.
:pop:

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
We had the same issue. Argen just logged in today and fixed it. Its a known bug with the spacing for the xy is being applied to the margin. We'll see how the next batch turn out. We never get the wrong crowns, just have to do a little more seating right now, whereas they used to just need a polish prior to the bug.

C

charles007

Reaction score
We had the same issue. Argen just logged in today and fixed it. Its a known bug with the spacing for the xy is being applied to the margin. We'll see how the next batch turn out. We never get the wrong crowns, just have to do a little more seating right now, whereas they used to just need a polish prior to the bug.
No bugs on last weeks dpm full gold crowns or todays dpm pfm copings.

Edit.. just sent to Argen to mill in gold. No more DPM anytime soon. :)

Last edited:
nmsmile

nmsmile

Reaction score
I have been overall happy with Argens service and quality. Never received the wrong crown. I did just receive an slm bridge that wasnt close to fitting. It was strange. Only a small section of a margin was way off. It looked like either the laser misfired or someone ground off the margin and tried to repair it with a laser welder. Once I ground away that section it seated fine. Unfortunately the margin was no longer there. Re ordered that one and am returning the bad one. And yes I double checked the design and there were no issues there.
We just received a bridge like this. Did they offer an explanation?

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
So I chatted and complained to the Argen people this weekend and was told that the person who is in charge of QC had been let go as of a week ago. So hopefully they can reel in their QC and get back to providing more consistent results.

Edit: also we came to the conclusion. That the flat shiny margin is due to the ****ty tech rubber wheeling it off (accidentally)prior to being sintered.

S

Scott Mappin

Reaction score
Hi Charles, I'd like to help with the gold milling if you care to give Strategy a try. We have an external remake rate that is less than 1% over 5+ years.
Let me know... thank you,

Scott

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Honestly, most of the milling places are not impressive. We have tried pretty much all of them at one point or another and always stick with Argen.
Their systems and support are top notch and they just finished moving into a giant new facility with fantastic logistics systems.
I would be inclined to think that the move may have added to some complications, though we have not had any delays or mistakes.

I do not know if we qualify as a 'big client' to argen, as we only send about 5% of items out, but they treat us like we are their only client, and that's unusual in this world.
As a sample size, we did about $150k in milling with them in the past 12 months and I think I can count on one hand the number of times we have had a problem with their production and logistics.

That's about 20x better than any implant manufacturer we have sent to except Atlantis.
All the rest routinely miss due dates, send partial cases (oops got one abutment not the other) or 'lose' stuff in production and cannot tell us when it will be done.

When other lab owners ask us for outsourcing advice, Argen is the first thing we tell them.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Honestly, most of the milling places are not impressive. We have tried pretty much all of them at one point or another and always stick with Argen.
Their systems and support are top notch and they just finished moving into a giant new facility with fantastic logistics systems.
I would be inclined to think that the move may have added to some complications, though we have not had any delays or mistakes.

I do not know if we qualify as a 'big client' to argen, as we only send about 5% of items out, but they treat us like we are their only client, and that's unusual in this world.
As a sample size, we did about $150k in milling with them in the past 12 months and I think I can count on one hand the number of times we have had a problem with their production and logistics.

That's about 20x better than any implant manufacturer we have sent to except Atlantis.
All the rest routinely miss due dates, send partial cases (oops got one abutment not the other) or 'lose' stuff in production and cannot tell us when it will be done.

When other lab owners ask us for outsourcing advice, Argen is the first thing we tell them.
Agreed.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Wow, looks like I need to offer milling services. I had a issue with them not having metal in stock, so I decided to let them make it. They said same crap, check your file etc. I told them that I thought that the bdg was made with SLM, only to find they were milling a wax pattern and casting. I mentioned unless their casting department had 40+ yrs., not sure how it would be better. My guy has done this since late 70's, and we ended up haveing to cast ourselves as 2 bdgs' they sent weren't close(6unit 6-11) The 2nd one looked like wax was dropped inside pattern, one unit fit other not close. I guess I would have to run a large operation, but remakes are not acceptable in this digital age. My 2 cents

Top Bottom