Which scanner is better?

D

dr.dhaval thakkar

Reaction score
I want to buy good scanner for implant work. Which one is better? Medit hybrid or
Open Technologies neWay?
Please help out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Either one would work. I think everyone on this forum would agree that support from the vendors is equally if not more important than the scanner itself.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
new way xml implant position output supported threw photogrammetrie

A

Alex Sever

Reaction score
How about the imetric L1i? Precision of under 5 microns

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Imetric is very precise , you can't go wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

This is only with special markers via xml output you can upgrade the others to i ( implant )version but new way is much faster and 2 bucks cheaper.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You want the best,you've got the best!
The hottest scanner in the world

19242996_10209163898047163_8902275926598625390_o.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the technology nowadays is not going to be entirely different scanner-to-scanner, so look at software, support, and warranty instead of precisions and accuracies because they are so close.

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
What sort of implant work? Single abutments? Small bridges? Bars? If your target is small bridges and single units, any modern scanner will do.If you need to scan bars and big bridges none of the optical scanners is accurate enough IMHO, touch scanning is the way to go, Renishaw is one possibility I know of.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
What sort of implant work? Single abutments? Small bridges? Bars? If your target is small bridges and single units, any modern scanner will do.If you need to scan bars and big bridges none of the optical scanners is accurate enough IMHO, touch scanning is the way to go, Renishaw is one possibility I know of.
I'm very curious what you do recommend since the Forte and Piccolo were the last standard dental touch probe scanners by Renishaw, over a decade ago.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I'm very curious what you do recommend since the Forte and Piccolo were the last standard dental touch probe scanners by Renishaw, over a decade ago.
The Renishaw's have been repurposed. They can be used in conjunction with DOF too.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The Renishaw's have been repurposed. They can be used in conjunction with DOF too.
I missed that entirely! Thank you. I knew 3i went around trying to pick up everyone that they could when Nobel dropped them, but I had no idea that anyone else had.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I missed that entirely! Thank you. I knew 3i went around trying to pick up everyone that they could when Nobel dropped them, but I had no idea that anyone else had.
You could probably get more info if you posted question in DOF forum.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I want to buy good scanner for implant work. Which one is better? Medit hybrid or
Open Technologies neWay?
Please help out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of neWay....
Checkout the newest just released Identico models, or DOF which I almost bought.
Would not buy a new brand of scanner that hasn't been out for several years with a good record of happy customers.
No matter which scanner you buy, its only as good as the Support you get......
Lastly, speak to several labs that bought scanners from ? company you plan to buy from.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I have two DOF HDs. Couldn't be happier. Support is fantastic. But I can't mention reseller here. Too taboo

user name

user name

Reaction score
Steinbichler. Have never needed support.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I have two DOF HDs. Couldn't be happier. Support is fantastic. But I can't mention reseller here. Too taboo
you bought them from mr delorean didnt you.

Top Bottom