What the heck

G

grantoz

Reaction score
so what you are saying john is that you use your tool to make money.now thats just showing off! good for you.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
4k a year to open up a piece of software for a business that makes 75,000 a month for 900,000 a year doesn't seam that bad. Exocad is more appealing for smaller labs and startup digital for smaller labs.

We just paid around 5,300 for 3 design seats and a implant design seat.

Granted it would of been cheaper if I didn't put one of the design seats on a spare dongle we had. First seat is 1,952 second seats are 1,452. But but putting out 3rd seat on its own dongle made it a primary seat bringing it from 1,452 to 1,952.

It's a tool that makes tour business money, use it as a write off. 5k a year to allow you to make 900,000 plus a year is not all that bad if you step back and look at the bigger picture.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Three shape definitely makes you money, so does Xo CAD. But if I had XO cad I'd have an additional $2500 in my pocket each year. So I'd be making more money with XO CAD. If I were to grow my lab I wouldn't mind having three shape and keep up with all the updates and have an XO ca if I were to grow my lab I wouldn't mind having three shape and keep up with all the updates and have an XO cad that just did the majority of simple crown design. I'm still on three shape 2014 because I didn't want to go through learning the workflow of 2016. But I'm tired of paying for nothing here so I'll be upgrading software in the next month or two

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Three shape definitely makes you money, so does Xo CAD. But if I had XO cad I'd have an additional $2500 in my pocket each year. So I'd be making more money with XO CAD. If I were to grow my lab I wouldn't mind having three shape and keep up with all the updates and have an XO ca if I were to grow my lab I wouldn't mind having three shape and keep up with all the updates and have an XO cad that just did the majority of simple crown design. I'm still on three shape 2014 because I didn't want to go through learning the workflow of 2016. But I'm tired of paying for nothing here so I'll be upgrading software in the next month or two
Should we send care packages?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not one time have I ever seen this as something that pisses me off. Its part of business, I make money with 3shape, its a tool I value.
i agree completely, john. just at the stage where upgrading my scanner is coming due and deciding what makes the better decision both for workflow and dollars and cents.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If a piece of software works well and youve paid for it, and you dont care about updates, you should be able to use the software without upgrading, like exo. Almost all companies are going with this model, so the more software we have, the more monthly 'cloud' payments we will have. I think its wrong. Its almost extortion for lack of a better term.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If a piece of software works well and youve paid for it, and you dont care about updates, you should be able to use the software without upgrading, like exo. Almost all companies are going with this model, so the more software we have, the more monthly 'cloud' payments we will have. I think its wrong. Its almost extortion for lack of a better term.
Remember the good ole days when you'd mail a registration postcard to the software author and they would send you all updates to the program as the new versions came out?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
ive heard that 3 shape are going to copy exocad in a few areas like it will keep going even if you dont pay your yearlies but you wont get service or updates of course how nice are they so generous to let us still use something we paid for.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
It's called labcare and it is only offered on the e series scanner. Youh het one year of support and updates then your on your own for support and updates no updates till you pay for one more year, but it is a cheaper rate then the premium software and you can only design crown and bridge.

It is a great offer for small labs to get into digital design and only crown and bridge. Want to do abutment, then you jump up to premium and pay the yearly renewal.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It's called labcare and it is only offered on the e series scanner. Youh het one year of support and updates then your on your own for support and updates no updates till you pay for one more year, but it is a cheaper rate then the premium software and you can only design crown and bridge.

It is a great offer for small labs to get into digital design and only crown and bridge. Want to do abutment, then you jump up to premium and pay the yearly renewal.

in other words, if you want to do anything beyond singles it stops being so nice lol

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Singles and a full arch cementable bridge.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why cant you buy cad points for it? Isnt that the point of that system?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Cad points are for premium software designing abutment, trios and 3rd party model, bars, implant bridges, rpd's, dentures. Not for crown and bridge.