Tips and Tricks for your lab

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I learned it along time ago by mistake, which is how I've learned most of what I know.

1st time learning that lesson was spilling the super glue and wiping it up with a towel. Then, as you said, spilling some on my jeans. Now I wear a apron not only for that reason, but for waxes, porcelains etc. let alone I'm such a klutz :eek::D

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
1st time learning that lesson was spilling the super glue and wiping it up with a towel. Then, as you said, spilling some on my jeans. Now I wear a apron not only for that reason, but for waxes, porcelains etc. let alone I'm such a klutz :eek::D
If you're gonna wear an apron, do it with style.

illr_sw_bbq_apron_r2d2.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My "nused" Ney surveyor was not sliding around too swell.
Cleaned it up and rubbed a piece of Wax Paper all over the stage.

Whooo Weee, now it's slippery.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

You can also put a little bit of acrylic powder, duraly powder etc on the table surface, and this will also help make it easier and smoother.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
You can also put a little bit of acrylic powder, duraly powder etc on the table surface, and this will also help make it easier and smoother.
I try to keep the free powder and dust in the air low as possible,enough stuff in my lungs already.\
Lab techs don't get cremated, but refined...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's not that much, JMN ;)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score

Did you melt it on to table? or just rub it?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
More of a $2 insurance policy. When I send out a DX or diagnostic waxup for approval, I do a putty matrix so I can put it back fast/easy if it gets mishandled. Yeah, that never happens.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
More of a $2 insurance policy. When I send out a DX or diagnostic waxup for approval, I do a putty matrix so I can put it back fast/easy if it gets mishandled. Yeah, that never happens.

Like the assistant who put my C & B diagnostic wax up under the heating element to do a suck down for the temps.... :banghead:

I now duplicate my C & B hand wax ups in alginate, and pour up a white stone cast for a back up.
Doing it with CAD/CAM is really a nice feature in being able to hit a couple of mouse clicks and getting it re-milled.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When I have a denture/rpd with a crack that runs IP over to the buccal/facial, I'll take a diamond disk on low and run it between the teeth. Quick, saves the teeth from deformation with a burr as even a fissure is too wide, and provides new material to bond all in 10 seconds.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Like the assistant who put my C & B diagnostic wax up under the heating element to do a suck down for the temps.... :banghead:

I now duplicate my C & B hand wax ups in alginate, and pour up a white stone cast for a back up.
Doing it with CAD/CAM is really a nice feature in being able to hit a couple of mouse clicks and getting it re-milled.
I had to rate that as funny. The schadenfreude is strong today.

Decalcified

Decalcified

Reaction score
For dry stacking or just to have your most used porcelains all together and ready to go, put some in a daily pill holder (free from Walmart pharmacy)

Attachments

• IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 115
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Oh man you just gave me a great idea ive been thinking of. thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

I had that happen to me too.