Tips and Tricks for your lab

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I did something similar but got tired of carrying the bucket up the steps. I hooked a submersible pump in the bucked and run a line outside. But I only pump out 1-2 gallons a day or every other day or so..
These are all great ideas, so here's what I had to come up with for a wet area. If you work from home and don't want to tie into your waterline, or like me didn't have anything readily available in your lab area, here is a $50-60 solution. 2.5 gal container from walmart, utility sink from hardware store, 5 gal bucket from the shed, and presto, no plumber needed, no messy plaster trap. Fill the water container every morning and after lunch, dump the bucket every night.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Ok , I don't want to be the Debbie Downer here, but putting wires under carpets might be a fire hazard. I might reconsider that one. Check with local fire codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Ok , I don't want to be the Debbie Downer here, but putting wires under carpets might be a fire hazard. I might reconsider that one. Check with local fire codes.

Which post are you referring to?
It would be great if Travis could add a "quote" feature to the site....

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A small time saver, copying the denture tooth articulating chart and putting a copy in each posterior drawer.
Makes it easier when you have to repair something and recognize the ant mould.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Cheap portable compressed air for a goin' to the operatory kit:
Camera lens cleaning blow bulb, less than five dollars and the batteries never run out.
s-l225.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Figure it's no secret, but I've never heard anyone mention this either. Get a 25lb dog food container for your each of your plasters and other stones. Dump out of the bag or drop the bag in. 50lb boxes fit if you wiggle a bit for the last to settle the stone at the bottom. Just make sure to spatulate the top layer of powder if you do volume measure instead of weight/mass.
They all have an airtight rubber seal. Edit: Oooh the best part? They have WHEELS!
Aaaaand now you know why I never upload pictures.
IMG_20170216_203002[1].jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You need a better cellphone ;)...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Just received blueprints for a small studio Im going to build at home. Im pretty excited, and will be able to cut out my rent and be very close to home. I hope to start this year so it will be nice to start from the ground and make a dream dental workshop. I will post updates.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Figure it's no secret, but I've never heard anyone mention this either. Get a 25lb dog food container for your each of your plasters and other stones. Dump out of the bag or drop the bag in. 50lb boxes fit if you wiggle a bit for the last to settle the stone at the bottom. Just make sure to spatulate the top layer of powder if you do volume measure instead of weight/mass.
They all have an airtight rubber seal. Edit: Oooh the best part? They have WHEELS!
Aaaaand now you know why I never upload pictures.
View attachment 25180
What so nice about some brands of these containers is that they are stackable.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/bergan-stack-n-stor-65-lb-capacity?cm_vc=-10005

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
Just received blueprints for a small studio Im going to build at home. Im pretty excited, and will be able to cut out my rent and be very close to home. I hope to start this year so it will be nice to start from the ground and make a dream dental workshop. I will post updates.

I'm building a house with a small simple 2 room lab for a 1 man show just off the double garage.

I'd love to see what your plans look like.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
Looks good in theory, but the only review that said they etacked them also said they didn't hold up. Do you have experience with these? 'Round here rubbermaid trashcans are standard for feed storage.

I use tow hefty kitchen trash cans and put them on plant rollers. They hold 50 lbs of gypsum each and they've been going great for 5 years now. I'll send pics on Monday.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Looks good in theory, but the only review that said they etacked them also said they didn't hold up. Do you have experience with these? 'Round here rubbermaid trashcans are standard for feed storage.
Not reallly, I was thinking about them, I use a big Home Depot paint style buckets with lids, works great.