Customized Stone Model Formers? Where to buy?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
HELLO, once again I have a question for the dental lab hive mind that is DLN:

Where do I get customized model base formers?? You know, the full arch ones and the quadrant ones you pour stone into...

Thank you in advance for your wisdoms.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Do you mean custom with your name on it?
Can I get them with my likeness emblazoned on them? Maybe in such a way that the models come out with my smiling face embossed in them? Where's Ron?!?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I've made one just for the fun of it out of duplicating silicone...alas it didn't last too long. Cut our logo out of wax on the mill, placed it on the bottom of a base former, then filled it with plaster...finally made a mold of it with silicone...easy...

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
Do you mean custom with your name on it?

Haha. YES, I would like to put a picture of my pet Sugar Glider playing electric guitar on the bottom of every model.

BTW I do not have a pet sugar glider :(

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Just called them. They don't have customizable ones.
I just came back from lunch and seen this. What's your number so can ask you a few questions. We do offer these.

P

PDLtd

Reaction score
I've made one just for the fun of it out of duplicating silicone...alas it didn't last too long. Cut our logo out of wax on the mill, placed it on the bottom of a base former, then filled it with plaster...finally made a mold of it with silicone...easy...

Awesome idea, I like it, but it is limited by the fragility of the material. Take it a step further. Cast an impression in the silicon mould that has your logo. Then do a mouth guard suck down over the cast. If logo doesn't come out due to deep depression in cast, melt some excess blank material into the voids and keep heated before sucking down. I've made a few with suckdown blanks, and they work well, but never thought of including logo or a name.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th