Polishing techniques

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Hey guys need help again. I m doing some full occlusal non precious and precious crown and im having problem on polishing the grooves does anybody knows any websites to recomend for buying burs and rubbers and if yes which one do you suggest. If there are any special techniques on how to polish just quide me pls :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i use a 2 stage high shine with carbides for anatomy. depending on the depth of the grooves i run a 1/2 round DULL carbide through first, then a 1/4 round DULL carbide. dull is important, it does a decent job high shining without cutting new grooves. then i use the premounted rubber points (blue, dont recall brand) to enhance the surrounding area shine and finalize with tripoli and rouge with a stiff robinson brush and cotton buff.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
i use a 2 stage high shine with carbides for anatomy. depending on the depth of the grooves i run a 1/2 round DULL carbide through first, then a 1/4 round DULL carbide. dull is important, it does a decent job high shining without cutting new grooves. then i use the premounted rubber points (blue, dont recall brand) to enhance the surrounding area shine and finalize with tripoli and rouge with a stiff robinson brush and cotton buff.
Basicly same thing I do

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dedeco also makes a Blue Clasp Polisher (#4593) but that's a box of 100. They're unmounted, so you'd need to get the spiral pointed burs for them. At that quantity, it may be more than you're looking for, but they may be cheaper in the long run than pre-mounted?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
meister-finish_01.png

Minor adjustments on porcelain margins.Grooves in occlusal metal.Inside surface of PFMs and full cast metal crowns. The surface of the access hole of an implant supported crown. The finishing line of a denture framework. The tooth-side-surface of rests.

I have been using this for many years and I like them

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Tayeb, are those the size of a mandrel, and fit right into the straight handpiece? Sounds like they cover a lot of bases.

Meister%20finish%20glind-500x500_zpssrmubmdi.jpg

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Tayeb, are those the size of a mandrel, and fit right into the straight handpiece? Sounds like they cover a lot of bases.

Meister%20finish%20glind-500x500_zpssrmubmdi.jpg
Yes sir, the size of mandrel and they last Scott.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Very nice...thank you, Tayeb :)

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Do you have any web page where i can order from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk