Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom Scanners?

• Thread starter Nu Technologies
  • Start date

Identica Blue VS Degree of Freedom

• Identica Blue

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Degree of Freedom

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So Gru, tell us why you decided on DOF rather than Medit? I like Glenn, but sales BS is sales BS and there really is no place for it on a technical site.

1) Stable Scan Stage. I hate trying to anchor down a moving model and since this thing only spins it's easy. Full size articulator scan big + too.
2) My re-seller critiqued the scan quality of various units and the DOF hd was on par with the Medit and better than some others.
3) I like being able to manually mesh a separate scan into the final- maybe all Exo systems can, I don't know.
4) The package included a few extras- for all I know they are standard now: multi die, all-in-one quad (fast),implant module. Price was competitive.
5) I like companies that are hungry for market share. In my experience to date, they work very hard to keep customers satisfied and are quick to respond to any issues.
6) The internal modular design makes repairs and replacement easy if it's needed. Yes, it should work all the time, but everything breaks or burns out sooner or later. It takes less time to fix a modular system than to crate the thing up for a loaner, IMHO.

Enough?
18 months later it's all good. Wish Exo would listen to a few issues though. Too many clicks in basic mode- that's what the Expert mode should be for, no?

I thought you had a DOF also. Your reasons?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
That's plenty Gru,

I have Steinbichler and DOF. I do large complex cases with DOF 0 problems. Missing scan data is nearly nonexistent.
DOF CEO takes time to answer technical questions personally. Name another company in dental that does that besides exocad?? Anything I need or questions I have are answered in a timely fashion. No complaints about DOF at all. Do I need to say more?

Sincerely,
Happy end user

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of DOF HD and UHD now its time to show us yours G... not only ..........

upload_2016-12-16_10-25-3.png upload_2016-12-16_10-41-18.png

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Is there any member here who has both ? I'd like to see a head to head comparison involving the same object and scans uploaded here...

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 1.55.16 PM.png

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is there any member here who has both ? I'd like to see a head to head comparison involving the same object and scans uploaded here...

View attachment 24417
Should they have the original DOF Freedom like what is listed first in Glenn's artwork or the HD? Maybe we should Photoshop Medit SE vs DOF HD to compare oranges to Twinkies and vice versa?

I have a model with four analogs and abutments that I have scanned with the HD, if you have a Hybrid Zero I'll send it to you to scan. We'll post the results, no smoke and mirrors or misinformation propaganda.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, will do it when I'm back to Canada...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, will do it when I'm back to Canada...

Hopefully the Medit mafia won't have you deleted before this can happen.:eek:

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
If you guys won't to see some some scans from the Stone Age, I'll even participate using my CS2. Laugh

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I got my pet moose on guard, should they bother...lol...:D

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
looks not like a 0.65 point spacing mesh see the hard cut at the bottom thats why i like geomagic qualify . maybe we find a renishaw incise too . i dont think 1.3 mp cameras can do that but we see lies have short feet as we say in Germany.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So why don't we include your scanner results on this "consumer reports" comparison too? How about it 2th?

We should be able to compile an unbiased consumer report based on facts and end-user feedback...that should give the manufacturers a run for their money and products improved for the future :)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We should be able to compile an unbiased consumer report based on facts and end-user feedback...that should give the manufacturers a run for their money and products improved for the future :)

An uncontrolled environment, reality.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Great idea guys. 2th has a DOF HD and ZZ has a Hybrid. You can scan the same objects and post the results.