Placement jig?

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I received a case today, two implants #2 and #3.
Zimmer brand. Doc wants me to splint them. Nothing out of the ordinAry except they provided a short abutment and a contour abutment and then asked me to provide a placement jig.
I've never been asked for one before and my brain is not working these days.
I plan on calling doc tomorrow to confer with him however I was hoping one of you people could direct me in the right direction. Thanks in advance y'all.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Make sure you charge properly for that jig. I use Primotec light cure gel and get good results.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Ok brain fart over folks.
Thanks Doug.
Right now I'm torn between using composite or acrylic.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Sorry, I was making a very mature fart joke.

I know. I was taking a bit further and trying to.joke.that the hamster kept running but the wheel.was.stuck so the rubber was burning in My brain.
Sorry, I really only interact with a 4 year and 2 year old. Sometimes with the wife too.
Other than that I don't get much human interaction.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I do them out of promotech red pmma disk. I do them on multiple custom abutments for Dr's whom have hard time seating them.

If you are digital and mill in house then just design them as copings in a bridge and call it a day. Really useful on the smaller size implants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I do them out of promotech red pmma disk. I do them on multiple custom abutments for Dr's whom have hard time seating them.

If you are digital and mill in house then just design them as copings in a bridge and call it a day. Really useful on the smaller size implants.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks sevan,
I'm like a quarter digital, maybe half. I don't have a mill. Certainly would be easier if I had a mill. Oh well. It'll be easy enough though.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Coming in a little late- I do jigs on every case. A lot of different ways to be done. I do it old school- 1 half GC, 1 half clear ortho. Acrylic. Done in 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Coming in a little late- I do jigs on every case. A lot of different ways to be done. I do it old school- 1 half GC, 1 half clear ortho. Acrylic. Done in 15 minutes.

Gc?What's the thought process on half and half?

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Lol - nice pics! Ok, Duralay was the forerunner of GC. Duralay had a lot of shrinkage problems. Then GC came out, better, but I found it still had some shrinkage. Also if I wanted it to flow, it wouldn't flow to my satisfaction. I found by adding clear ortho., to it, I reduced the shrinkage even further( still not 100 percent, but workable). As far as flow control, that was a plus. Again, i still caution- if you use it as a jig situation I always segment it for Dr., or myself.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Buy the way guys- is anyone else having trouble with accessing notifications? I've reached out to administrators and they did respond, but still can't figure out what the problem is. Starting to feel like a dinosaur.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Buy the way guys- is anyone else having trouble with accessing notifications? I've reached out to administrators and they did respond, but still can't figure out what the problem is. Starting to feel like a dinosaur.

No problem here that I know of

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Lol - nice pics! Ok, Duralay was the forerunner of GC. Duralay had a lot of shrinkage problems. Then GC came out, better, but I found it still had some shrinkage. Also if I wanted it to flow, it wouldn't flow to my satisfaction. I found by adding clear ortho., to it, I reduced the shrinkage even further( still not 100 percent, but workable). As far as flow control, that was a plus. Again, i still caution- if you use it as a jig situation I always segment it for Dr., or myself.

That and put a piece of wrought wire in contact with the pieces to give something for the acrylics to use a scaffolding/lattice.

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Wire just complicates things. As you know metal doesn't bond to plastic(weakens it) and also gets in the way, if you cut it. I use preformed plastic strips, from local hobby shop. They are plastic I beams/ girders , for model buildings. They can be cut, heated and bent to arch. I run Modified GC along I beams, and tie it all together. Takes only minutes. They can be cut by Dr. Or lab, without any problem. Got to keep things simple.