convert Stl to 3ox or Dcm ?

O

Optix1

Reaction score
is there a posibitity to convert from stl to 3ox or dcm ??

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I just have to know why you would want to go from open format to closed proprietary format?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes, its possible. at least from stl to dcm.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I just have to know why you would want to go from open format to closed proprietary format?

Nothing wrong with a proprietary format if your living solely in that ecosystem. And sometimes it can have benefits of adding certain information that is not available in a standard stl. Such as our .cam file adds insertion access, margin lines, etc, and can make nesting a little quicker. Unfortunately, I don't think that info can be transferred back from stl to proprietary file.

But with that being said, I would not want a system that only accepts a proprietary format. That is not good for the lab.

O

Optix1

Reaction score
i need to add the confert the stl to dcm because i cant import it to the 3shape system it gaves me all the time error wit singele crones and implants and it doesnt work =( and i need to design it as quick as posible have no other system to work with only 3shape =/

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i need to add the confert the stl to dcm because i cant import it to the 3shape system it gaves me all the time error wit singele crones and implants and it doesnt work =( and i need to design it as quick as posible have no other system to work with only 3shape =/
Somethings not right there. Have you contacted your reseller for help?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Even if you import the stl into 3shape it will convert it to dcm, and then take that dcm file and import it. But no matter what you do it still knows that converted file is from a stl and will still act as a stl file. Trust me I have tried multiple times and ways to get around it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
CrossManager DATAKIT
Only converts to stl not the other way around.

e4723c4f3af7f539049be31894f9d0b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom