Cerec files.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Hey all I have a general question on Cerec system. What do I need to be able to accept Cerec files from a client. And can I take those files and send them to my outsourcing lab for processing? Any help would be appreciated.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey all I have a general question on Cerec system. What do I need to be able to accept Cerec files from a client.

A strong stomach helps.

sorry, had to.:Hello:

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
depends upon where you are located, if in the states....its your first born and an arm and a leg!
seriously though, they want you to buy their software and scanner. though in other countries you can just buy the software.
its not cheap, and for the handful of Drs using cerec locally, it would take me a decade to recoup the costs associated with becoming cerec connected.

however, i am doing my best to keep an open mind about it....there is a large market share for cerec connect and i dont want to slam the door on that opportunity. i also dont want to debt my life away, so i refuse to throw more monthly payments at it.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
A strong stomach helps.

sorry, had to.:Hello:
Hahaha thanks. We just have several Dr's that have this system and they want to be able to send files to us. I am sure this will make me have a few more drinks.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
depends upon where you are located, if in the states....its your first born and an arm and a leg!
seriously though, they want you to buy their software and scanner. though in other countries you can just buy the software.
its not cheap, and for the handful of Drs using cerec locally, it would take me a decade to recoup the costs associated with becoming cerec connected.

however, i am doing my best to keep an open mind about it....there is a large market share for cerec connect and i dont want to slam the door on that opportunity. i also dont want to debt my life away, so i refuse to throw more monthly payments at it.
Yea there is a large market for these. I am hoping it won't be to bad in cost to get a drop box or something to get the files. Hate seeing clients sending work somewhere eles.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
everyone does.

problem is two fold, either you buy a cerec scanner and get the v15 software (or newer) and use it to import doctor's files to generate your own designs

or

you have the doctor do technical wizardry with the v15 software to send you his designs.

in the first case you are spending a lot of money on very little return

in the second case you cannot guarantee your output and you'll only get cases that need to be done with a better suite of tools anyway. doc wont send you bread and butter work with this setup.

this is an area best left unremedied. let them make junk. then a proper doc will remake it with an actually proper case management style and tools that ensure the lab work isnt an afterthought.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yea there is a large market for these. I am hoping it won't be to bad in cost to get a drop box or something to get the files. Hate seeing clients sending work somewhere eles.
Like SideShowBob said, that would only come close to working if you aren't in the US. If you are, you will be basically buying the whole InLab package.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Huh well we will see I was under the impression that you could have a drop box of sorts to be able to accept files with out buy the whole shabang. Thanks
Like SideShowBob said, that would only come close to working if you aren't in the US. If you are, you will be basically buying the whole InLab package.

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
everyone does.

problem is two fold, either you buy a cerec scanner and get the v15 software (or newer) and use it to import doctor's files to generate your own designs

or

you have the doctor do technical wizardry with the v15 software to send you his designs.

in the first case you are spending a lot of money on very little return

in the second case you cannot guarantee your output and you'll only get cases that need to be done with a better suite of tools anyway. doc wont send you bread and butter work with this setup.

this is an area best left unremedied. let them make junk. then a proper doc will remake it with an actually proper case management style and tools that ensure the lab work isnt an afterthought.
Thanks I did not think it would be that difficult to be able to get the files. The big thing for us is cerec scan body's on implants. I think the more Dr's move in this area the less implants we will see.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Huh well we will see I was under the impression that you could have a drop box of sorts to be able to accept files with out buy the whole shabang. Thanks
Certainly.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Hahaha thanks. We just have several Dr's that have this system and they want to be able to send files to us. I am sure this will make me have a few more drinks.

Before I made any investment to do this, I would see what it is exactly that the doctors are wanting. Designs only, crowns in an hour, implants, etc. I would then find out what kind of pricing they had in mind. If they want something cheap, let them buy the dongle to export files. You don't want a huge outlay of cash to receive pennies on the dollar.
There are already plenty of labs with Cerec scanners or software which they could send to...why you?

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Before I made any investment to do this, I would see what it is exactly that the doctors are wanting. Designs only, crowns in an hour, implants, etc. I would then find out what kind of pricing they had in mind. If they want something cheap, let them buy the dongle to export files. You don't want a huge outlay of cash to receive pennies on the dollar.
There are already plenty of labs with Cerec scanners or software which they could send to...why you?
Well these are our drs that we already do work with. But we are seeing less from them as far as implants go. And your right we are not going to spend until the cows come home to get 50 implant cases a year from those drs. But I am seeing in our area the younger drs are coming in and they all are looking at the Cerec system.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Well these are our drs that we already do work with. But we are seeing less from them as far as implants go. And your right we are not going to spend until the cows come home to get 50 implant cases a year from those drs. But I am seeing in our area the younger drs are coming in and they all are looking at the Cerec system.

They can get implants done directly through Atlantis now since DENTSPLY owns everything now. I'm not sure what kind of pricing they get but I don't think there will be much wiggle room for a profit...and they can always hold that hatchet over your head.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but one has to give all of this stuff a lot of thought in today's market.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I don't accept cerec files but I can offer a Trios if they want to use an IOS.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I don't accept cerec files either...but I tell them to go see @rkm rdt in Ottawa for a Trios scan instead...Vroam

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
I don't accept cerec files but I can offer a Trios if they want to use an IOS.
Can you explain further on how I would go about this. And what kind of system I would need to mill. Can all cerec files be converted into Trios or is it the same thing. I don't know much about this so any help would be great. I have a appt with a Cerec rep too in January. you can email me too if you want. [email protected] thanks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you explain further on how I would go about this. And what kind of system I would need to mill. Can all cerec files be converted into Trios or is it the same thing. I don't know much about this so any help would be great. I have a appt with a Cerec rep too in January. you can email me too if you want. [email protected] thanks

I purchased a trios IOS to provide to dentists,that way they can scan and send me files to mill etc.

As others have said,you need to pay big bucks to convert cerec scans to 3 shape.