LiSi (Questions)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes I have used e.max porcelain on it, worked fine....I will say that the lisi layering ceramic fires better (not as pitty as e.max) from my intial firings. But, I'm still playing with it and then I'm sure I'll have some more opinions about it.

If I can get good translucency with the incisals like I do with emax then I'm going to transistion when My bottles run out . I'm not going to play the " chase the latest porcelain game" anymore.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I'll be posting pictures next week. I have to admit I really like this stuff. The differences are subtle to most people, but sooo huge for folks like me. The clean divesting is huge, it keeps your surface texture exactly like the wax-up. I never really saw it that clear with E.max. Also the value is spot on, E.max always had an issue of graying out, especially clinically. I don't see myself compensating in the layering porcelain to achieve this, heck I've even done a case like Al did with no glaze, no staining on centrals, just finish and polish. The MT seem to be spot on, and mostly what I'm using, but I have a few bleaching cases coming down the pipeline. Downside, sure does stick to the plunger a lot more, tough to remove the flash. Might have to switch to disposable or make your own. So far, just really started getting into the layering of it.
Thanks for the report.

K

kmart

Reaction score
So what are you fellow techs using to press monolithic posteriors? Say an A2 shade do you press in MT A2 or do you press one shade lighter in HT like emax with the Incisal ingots? Also, for full facial layering can you use the MT ingots are do they grey out like emax can?

J

John C

Reaction score
I can't speak on the A2 shade but I pressed a B1 today for #9 and just a mild cutback layered with E58 and no graying. I added a little lustre paste gray to match the shade tab better

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So what are you fellow techs using to press monolithic posteriors? Say an A2 shade do you press in MT A2 or do you press one shade lighter in HT like emax with the Incisal ingots? Also, for full facial layering can you use the MT ingots are do they grey out like emax can?

I've found the same thing with the emax MTs. They can gray out if you cut them back to much, or leave to much of a space for layering interproximally.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
So... thumbs up or down on lisi press? Which ingots are you using/ not using?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Depends...if I'm just hand polishing and not staining or glazing...then I use A2 MT. If I'm gonna stain and glaze, then I would go down to A1 to give me some room to play with my stain. However, just heard a lecture from Dr. Christenson, and he swears that us lab techs should not be using glaze to shine up our crowns...that it wears off after six months. Just something to throw out there for ya all to mull over.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So... thumbs up or down on lisi press? Which ingots are you using/ not using?
I like it, it's different than e.max, you have to use disposable plungers on this stuff, sticks to the old e.max plungers something awful. Value really doesn't seem to be an issue, A2 stays A2, even clinically. Still playing with the layering...I'll keep ya posted.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Depends...if I'm just hand polishing and not staining or glazing...then I use A2 MT. If I'm gonna stain and glaze, then I would go down to A1 to give me some room to play with my stain. However, just heard a lecture from Dr. Christenson, and he swears that us lab techs should not be using glaze to shine up our crowns...that it wears off after six months. Just something to throw out there for ya all to mull over.
He needs to define glaze.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
He needs to define glaze.
Ya, no kidding, good point! Lustre paste, In Sync and even Ivocolor require significant application of diamond impregnated rubber wheels to Start removing some.
Often use Brassler Feather Light wheels post glaze to modify glazed appearance.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ya, no kidding, good point! Lustre paste, In Sync and even Ivocolor require significant application of diamond impregnated rubber wheels to Start removing some.
Often use Brassler Feather Light wheels post glaze to modify glazed appearance.
I don't recall ever being advised to hand polish a pfm .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score

Funny how in the olde metal ceramic days artificial (applied) glaze was scorned upon. Funny how today, it's use is widespread and totally acceptable. Go figure! Those olde' prosthodontist I worked for would have a kanipshin hissy fit!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Funny how in the olde metal ceramic days artificial (applied) glaze was scorned upon. Funny how today, it's use is widespread and totally acceptable. Go figure! Those olde' prosthodontist I worked for would have a kanipshin hissy fit!
I never really understood why glaze was frowned upon in old pfm restos. It helps to prevent crack propagation.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I bet every cerec dentist hand polishes their emax crowns chairside.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I never really understood why glaze was frowned upon in old pfm restos. It helps to prevent crack propagation.

Never had any crack much less fracture ....
Some I wouldn't know....;);)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Never had any crack much less fracture ....
Some I wouldn't know....;);)

Agree. Haven't used glaze on PFMs for ~25 years. No problems or issues that I was ever made aware of.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

I think with the final "glaze" bake, then hand polish we were fine, until the Drs adjusted them with their heatless wheels and put the cracks, micro cracks in them :eek:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I doubt gc Lustre wears off in six months.

Why would it? It's not a fricken glaze !!!Banghead

Top Bottom