Need Help With case

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Hi All! The doc placed 3.0 conical implants in 22, 25 and 27 locations and wants a bar retained over denture. Since Nobel does not manufacture bars on 3.0 what are my options? I know I can wax/cast a bar ,but would rather not.. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
You can not wax and cast unless you are planning on destroying the hex on those parts since they do not make a non eng gold adapt>

You also know this fixture is contra indicated for anything other than single units in the lower incisors and or max lateral position. Never fear you are not alone, plenty of ill informed non restoratively driven or knowledgeable surgeons have done the same thing.

With that said if you have no choice to do a bar I would sent it to Bernard at Panthera Dental, he will hit a home run for you, Just protect yourself and document everything and explain the contraindication so that perhaps one more person will not have to see a bastardized case such as this in the future.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Thanks JW! I did realize I would have to "hack the hex" but was dreading having to wax/cast this. I haven't cast a bar in over 15 years and don't want to start now!! I will call Bernard today.. thanks again! Jim

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
run, or panthera.
charge appropriately!

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Well said! I am sending to Panthera!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Can I say how f***king sick I am of dbags placing fixtures with no regard to planning for outcome?
Christ on a cracker, it's not like nobody's worked out proper protocols.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Can I say how f***king sick I am of dbags placing fixtures with no regard to planning for outcome?
Christ on a cracker, it's not like nobody's worked out proper protocols.
Big shout out here, couldn't agree more!!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Big shout out here, couldn't agree more!!!
Is it just me, or do the ones who gravitate towards the clones seem to love to skip protocols. Anything to squeeze every penny out if it they can get.

At least till it goes completely off the rails...

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do the ones who gravitate towards the clones seem to love to skip protocols. Anything to squeeze every penny out if it they can get.

At least till it goes completely off the rails...
I can see some truth/trend to that for sure. What gets me is when a gd refers to a surgeon who blatantly sucks at placement...then we lab guys always keep having to be the bad guy, "sorry gd doc, no options for this platform, or can't do that due to that placement, or sorry about aesthetics", I could keep going.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Preaching to the choir.
I like Lab Guy's idea of charging more for unguided cases.

If the big implant companies won't cover warranties for 3rd party components then maybe it's time we apply the same policy.

No guide ,no warranty.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
Its crazy how these guys "plan" big cases without consulting the person that will be actually building the case!!!!? I am fortunate to have docs that actually want and appreciate our input from the very beginning!
And yes, I have noticed that the knockoff docs are extremely "thrifty"!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You're on a tear lately.:)
Its the two front teeth season. Too busy and a ****load of poorly thought out cases.
Today I set an immediate lower to one of the most ridiculous roller coasters I've ever encountered. As there was no posterior support, 6-11 are worn through. The bicuspid and molars a collection of sheered off pfm and blown out decay.
To top it off, he wanted a clear copy for surgery. WTF

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Here is an example of another 3.0 mistake. Oral surgeon placed three 3.0 Astra Ev's not knowing that there is no Locator abutment available.
So I took three healing caps, milled them, and laser welded and polished the Ti Locator abutment to them.
IMG_3698.jpg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Here is an example of another 3.0 mistake. Oral surgeon placed three 3.0 Astra Ev's not knowing that there is no Locator abutment available.
So I took three healing caps, milled them, and laser welded and polished the Ti Locator abutment to them.
View attachment 24190
Hope you charged accordingly.