CAP Custom Implants

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Just received this via the grapevine...For me, I just switched out all my scan bodies last year to have them done through CAP, now I have two weeks to switch them again. Sorry, not gonna happen, that cost us a small fortune last time, I'm not going to do it again so soon.

To continue outsourcing your titanium abutments to CAP we ask that you take a moment to download and install the Biodenta CAD library. Step-by-step instructions and the library file can be found on CAP Academy at this link.

This new process will be in place as of December 19, 2016. At that time we will only accept titanium abutment design files that are designed with the Biodenta CAD library.

Please note the following specific requirements regarding the titanium abutment cases that are sent to CAP:

• When submitting cases through the CAP web portal, you will need to include any .xml files outputted from 3Shape along with the .stl files. If you are an Exocad user, you will need to submit the .constructioninfo file along with the .stl files.
  • 3Shape 2016 users may use existing NT Trading scan bodies, except for the following platform (which will need Biodenta scan bodies): Nobel Replace 6.0, 3i Certain 6.0
  • Exocad users and 3Shape users wishing to remain on version 2015 will need new Biodenta scan bodies
  • The following new platforms are now supported: Hiossen Implants, Biohorizons Implants
  • CAP will no longer support the following platforms for titanium abutments: Sweden & Martina, Straumann Synocta, Dentsply Friadent, 3i Osseotite. Note that hybrid abutments will still be supported.
  • CAP will not be able to support files from DentalWings for titanium abutments at this time.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Keep your NT trading markers call argen and get their dme. Send it to them. I know the feeling of having to switch markets, glidewell pulled the same thing, but they didn't say you can't use the old ones.

They biodentica most likely use a complete different matker. It sucks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
"Openness" strikes again. Maybe we need a new term for open standard, closed by process.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I got only one set of scan bodies I use for everything...:D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hold on a minute.
What about "use original"?

I've had 3I,Nobel,and Straumann give me free scan bodies so that I can send my files to them .

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
make your own

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
They are just protecting themselves from FDA, remember this is how they can LEGALLY mill abutments.

At least thats my take on it

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Hold on a minute.

I've had 3I,Nobel,and Straumann give me free scan bodies so that I can send my files to them .

That's what I'm doing with my Zimmer and BioHorizions abutments.

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hold on a minute.

Must be a Canada thing. Nothing free given here in the states. Lol

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Just received this via the grapevine...
So sorry you go it through the grapevine and not from CAP directly. Here is the complete plan.

First, concern of scan bodies, please know that CAP is determined to minimize the impact to our customers, both functionally and financially. As was mentioned in the email, we have worked with Biodenta to allow the NT Trading scan bodies to be used in 3Shape 2016. This covers all supported platforms with the exception of Nobel Replace 6.0 and 3i Certain 6.0. It is simply a matter of selecting the NT Trading scan body option during the scanning process.

You will only need the Biodenta scan bodies under the following conditions:
- You run Exocad
- You run 3Shape 2015 and are not able/willing to upgrade to 2016
- Need to process Nobel Replace 6.0 or 3i Certain 6.0 cases

If you find that you fall into one of these categories and have previously worked with CAP, we are happy to offer the Biodenta scan bodies as replacement parts, and no charge to you. We fully appreciate the inconvenience of having to deal with a separate scan body suite and are committed to make this transition as easy for you as possible.

To be sure, there are some hiccups that come along with a change like this, but we are working quite hard to manage this and help all customers with the transition. This leaves us all in a better position moving forward, especially with the increased scrutiny on titanium abutment production from the FDA.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please give us a call at 877-977-7889. Please know that we have always been, and will continue to be focused on our customers. The evolving regulatory environment may force us in one direction or another, but we will always do our best to do right by you. If you ever feel otherwise, it will usually just take 1 call to us to fix it.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So sorry you go it through the grapevine and not from CAP directly. Here is the complete plan.

First, concern of scan bodies, please know that CAP is determined to minimize the impact to our customers, both functionally and financially. As was mentioned in the email, we have worked with Biodenta to allow the NT Trading scan bodies to be used in 3Shape 2016. This covers all supported platforms with the exception of Nobel Replace 6.0 and 3i Certain 6.0. It is simply a matter of selecting the NT Trading scan body option during the scanning process.

You will only need the Biodenta scan bodies under the following conditions:
- You run Exocad
- You run 3Shape 2015 and are not able/willing to upgrade to 2016
- Need to process Nobel Replace 6.0 or 3i Certain 6.0 cases

If you find that you fall into one of these categories and have previously worked with CAP, we are happy to offer the Biodenta scan bodies as replacement parts, and no charge to you. We fully appreciate the inconvenience of having to deal with a separate scan body suite and are committed to make this transition as easy for you as possible.

To be sure, there are some hiccups that come along with a change like this, but we are working quite hard to manage this and help all customers with the transition. This leaves us all in a better position moving forward, especially with the increased scrutiny on titanium abutment production from the FDA.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please give us a call at 877-977-7889. Please know that we have always been, and will continue to be focused on our customers. The evolving regulatory environment may force us in one direction or another, but we will always do our best to do right by you. If you ever feel otherwise, it will usually just take 1 call to us to fix it.
But why just those platforms only in 2016? Seems extremely odd. Argen whom uses nt trading markers allows them. Seems odd and I doubt it is a FDA issue since nt trading has the FDA clearance in the library on all platforms except straumann bone level having a legal issue from what I heard.

Plus how wouldn't want to upgrade to 2016 from 2015, that's like staying in a extremely horrible relationship just cause. Lol

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
This is our first round of getting FDA compliant. I'm sure we will add more interfaces. 3Shape 2016 has FDA clearance, thus we need to use it. You have no idea how much work this has required to get to this point. Ultimately, i expect things to get easier and compliance will become less of a hurdle as time goes by. I think, (but am not certain) a year from now it will become more mainstream for labs to be FDA compliant with many fewer hoops to numb through.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This is our first round of getting FDA compliant. I'm sure we will add more interfaces. 3Shape 2016 has FDA clearance, thus we need to use it. You have no idea how much work this has required to get to this point. Ultimately, i expect things to get easier and compliance will become less of a hurdle as time goes by. I think, (but am not certain) a year from now it will become more mainstream for labs to be FDA compliant with many fewer hoops to numb through.

I can only imagine what it takes to get FDA compliant, boat loads of paper work and what not. So why did all the other platforms stick but those Nobel and 3i 6.0mm not? Nt Tradings end?

dentaltech76

dentaltech76

Reaction score
Ughhhh....my head has been numb over this whole FDA process. BioDenta is a nightmare alone. So CAP is milling BioDenta? So do when our mill is running or if it designed on excocad & the moon is placed just right. Ugh. I've been sending Biodenta designed on 3shape to a lab in California $95, until our little mill is repaired...if ever. TGIF!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Ughhhh....my head has been numb over this whole FDA process. BioDenta is a nightmare alone. So CAP is milling BioDenta? So do when our mill is running or if it designed on excocad & the moon is placed just right. Ugh. I've been sending Biodenta designed on 3shape to a lab in California $95, until our little mill is repaired...if ever. TGIF!
The way this was setup, CAP is a contract manufacturer under a Biodenta 510k. Biodenta is not doing the manufacturing, CAP is. We felt this was the fastest path to compliance for CAP.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
As i understand it right as a Roland and Amann Girrbach distributor you mill your abutments on a VHF ? DontknowQuestionmark

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I think iMes iCore not VHF.