Casting non precious on ucla abudment with precious base?

D

Dimis

Reaction score
A question again if you can help im using semi only because i cast nobel implants castable that has precious base. People told me that they use a non precious metal to cast and they dont have problems of merging the two metals. Do anybody know anything. I dont want to use semi precious any more and my doc likes nobel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Didn't like the answer you got yesterday? If people have told you that you can do it, why aren't you?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Why not use a non precious ucla base if you must cast in non precious. Here in the UK there are several 3rd party manufacturers selling them, eg Talladium and Omnident.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You can Google it and find 100 places that say not to do it but if we can find just one person to say it's okay on an Internet forum we'll be good to go.......

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Galvanic reactions...

True, which is why I haven't yet dipped my toe in using these abutments, but here in europe they seem to be getting more popular. For instance Straumann bought into Medentika principally for the reason that 3rd party companies are proving to be very popular on a component cost basis. eg below

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8416b9250c26e99453134362f&id=b1e57d4de9&e=aa26fa5cdf

So I would imagine that there are a lot of labs and techs/surgeons using these components regularly. I heard a rumour that Straumann may soften their stance on crco abutments in the near future and mill them from custom cad designs Hmmmm2.

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Didn't like the answer you got yesterday? If people have told you that you can do it, why aren't you?

when i heard from other people that there are metals you can cast on precious base , i started asking to see if they are wright. I didnt got enough answers yesterday and i wanted to see more peoples opinion i didnt know that that was a problem in any way rob

D

Dimis

Reaction score
My dr uses nobel implants only and the ucla abudment that they have is with a gold base thats what my dealer told me

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My dr uses nobel implants only and the ucla abudment that they have is with a gold base thats what my dealer told me

What does Nobel say to use for a casting alloy?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
A question again if you can help im using semi only because i cast nobel implants castable that has precious base. People told me that they use a non precious metal to cast and they dont have problems of merging the two metals. Do anybody know anything. I dont want to use semi precious any more and my doc likes nobel

don't use non precious. as a general rule for almost anything, including UCLAs, that's what you should think.
just don't use non precious.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
p

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
CrCo may not react with Ti, but the NB UCLA bases are in fact Au, it says on the package. CrCo and gold could have a reaction. But really why spend $300 on an abutment just to cast a nickels worth of metal over it..?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
CrCo may not react with Ti, but the NB UCLA bases are in fact Au, it says on the package. CrCo and gold could have a reaction. But really why spend $300 on an abutment just to cast a nickels worth of metal over it..?
..because the lab fees are too high and this is forcing some drs to become techs through no fault of their own?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If you are looking for cheap then buy a plastic UCLA pattern and cast the interface.

All quality UCLA abutments use a non oxidizing gold which allows for the bond of precious metal. It has been proven that an alloy like 65sf is the best material for this abutment. PD based alloys are the worst and ironically are the #1 alloy used today.

You will destroy the gold if you chuck NP at it.

Last edited:
Juko

Juko

Reaction score
Just try it. Then come back with the results.

Top Bottom