Opinions on most dense, greatest longevity, minimally wearing denture tooth?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Have a dentist that is picking up most of a metalworking place. He had the foresight and wisdom to discuss the need for a more excellent grade of tooth on stuff we made for those employed in such professions.

Wondering, short of Porcelain teeth, what recommendations y'all might have in various price levels. Not looking for the least expensive, but more for maximum value. If possible.

I know there should be low impact if the proper ppe and safety measures are taken, but that ain't always so.

I've been told Vita's MFT line is a respecatable tooth for such issues, but the more opinions the merrier.

Thanks.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Why would their teeth need to be better than anyone else's teeth? I use blueline they are nice. They wear slowly and are aesthetic.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why would their teeth need to be better than anyone else's teeth? I use blueline they are nice. They wear slowly and are aesthetic.
Metal micro fragments and more frequently polishing and blasting media will wear teeth faster.
Those regularly in such environments will have a greater chance to experience increased tooth wear because of the above average "grit profile" of their daily life.

M

Makes Dentures

Reaction score
I'll bite... How long should a denture last?:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

S

sensei

Reaction score
The counter intuitive nature of a denture is that the better the denture is, the faster it wears.

If it fits and functions well it will be used and wear out. Little old ladies who eat nothing but oatmeal and boiled veggies can keep the same denture for 30 years with minimal tooth wear.

I think the density and abrasion resistance of denture teeth is way overblown. Yes, it makes some minimal clinical difference, but I doubt there is much more than 3-6 months of wear difference between a medium grade denture tooth and the ultra spendy unobtainium filled composites.

IIRC, most of the marketing of the expensive denture teeth is claiming on the order of 10,000 - 30,000 additional cycles over regular denture teeth. For the average person that is just a few weeks/months of chewing. I would rather have a solid acrylic tooth that I KNOW won't debond versus an extra few months of chewing.

Could be wrong though.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
The counter intuitive nature of a denture is that the better the denture is, the faster it wears.

If it fits and functions well it will be used and wear out. Little old ladies who eat nothing but oatmeal and boiled veggies can keep the same denture for 30 years with minimal tooth wear.

I think the density and abrasion resistance of denture teeth is way overblown. Yes, it makes some minimal clinical difference, but I doubt there is much more than 3-6 months of wear difference between a medium grade denture tooth and the ultra spendy unobtainium filled composites.

IIRC, most of the marketing of the expensive denture teeth is claiming on the order of 10,000 - 30,000 additional cycles over regular denture teeth. For the average person that is just a few weeks/months of chewing. I would rather have a solid acrylic tooth that I KNOW won't debond versus an extra few months of chewing.

Could be wrong though.
I know that most serious Prosthos explain the rationale for acrylic/titanium hybrids in that manner.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Metal micro fragments and more frequently polishing and blasting media will wear teeth faster.
Those regularly in such environments will have a greater chance to experience increased tooth wear because of the above average "grit profile" of their daily life.
I hate to say this, but the answer is for these chuckleheads to wear their PPE and stop sucking down abrasives.
Denture wear is the least of their concerns.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
. . .

. . .

I hate to say this, but the answer is for these chuckleheads to wear their PPE and stop sucking down abrasives.
Denture wear is the least of their concerns.

I've said similar, but he asks, I answer.

PPE use is improving in the region, but unless it's a big big big push from 'on high', mucho of it is still seen here as not how 'to be a man'. One roofing group ended up getting their crew safety rated sunglasses to get them to wear safety glasses regularly. It worked, but it shouldn't have to come to social engineering.

Needlessly endangering yourself isn't being a man, but an idiot. I am only capable of helping smart people, idiots refuse to learn from mistakes.
Y'get one body, y'should take care of it if you plan to use it for long. Ok, mini-rant over.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I use a P99 respirator in my lab, if those particles are messing with a denture or teeth what are they doing to their lungs?

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I actually came on with similar thoughts tonight. On another forum I asked if there were any zirconium filled composite teeth that would wear better than the Physiodens I currently use. Over 50 replies in 5 days, but seems we need something in posteriors that wear better than we currently have in a price that is reasonable.
Some comments were to just mill and put diatorics in bruxzir. but that puts a denture above C&B pricing.
Porclein is mentioned a lot but weight, chipping and impact to anatonomy is problematic.
I was PM about some porclein filled acrylic teeth but I need something with FDA cert.
Time to get mfg interested if filling a need they might get a niche with.
The creapearl were nice teeth with good abrasion but have been hard to get, and there were some aesthetic issues in their design.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I've said similar, but he asks, I answer.

PPE use is improving in the region, but unless it's a big big big push from 'on high', mucho of it is still seen here as not how 'to be a man'. One roofing group ended up getting their crew safety rated sunglasses to get them to wear safety glasses regularly. It worked, but it shouldn't have to come to social engineering.

Needlessly endangering yourself isn't being a man, but an idiot. I am only capable of helping smart people, idiots refuse to learn from mistakes.
Y'get one body, y'should take care of it if you plan to use it for long. Ok, mini-rant over.
I wouldn't characterize it as social engineering.
When these dip****s get sick they tap workers comp to get medical bills paid.
That comes out of all our collective pocket.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't characterize it as social engineering.
When these dip****s get sick they tap workers comp to get medical bills paid.
That comes out of all our collective pocket.
Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with the way he got them to routinely comply and am glad it worked.
There is little excuse for a lackadaisical attitude toward reasonable health and safety measures.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
At least they are not Truck Driver's, bouncing up and down in a semi tractor really busts up a denture quick!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Maybe other things that make them grind their teeth driving a semi for 22 hours a day?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure truck drivers are limited to 10 hour days.
Yeah, and dentists always give the proper prep reduction since the paperwork says to do that.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Yeah, and dentists always give the proper prep reduction since the paperwork says to do that.
Corporate vs private I guess. Corporate gets audited for hours driven and hours paid. Private may get away with per job hauls.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Corporate vs private I guess. Corporate gets audited for hours driven and hours paid. Private may get away with per job hauls.
They audit the paperwork, not the real work. I've known a few drivers, and the logbook is always behind. Up to 2 weeks behind was allowed last I knew.

Top Bottom