What shade do you think this is?

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
The dr.took the photos of the patient but he took the photos without shade tab. I need to work on #31 lower molar but lil lost with the shade. I m leaning towards A 3.5 but feels like its not totally A3.5. any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161111-100621.png
    Screenshot_20161111-100621.png
    358 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20161111-100552.png
    Screenshot_20161111-100552.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 91
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hmmm....lemme see.... it must be one of them for sure Hmmmm2
vitashadetab.jpg

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
The dr.took the photos of the patient but he took the photos without shade tab. I need to work on #31 lower molar but lil lost with the shade. I m leaning towards A 3.5 but feels like its not totally A3.5. any suggestions?

A3.5/butter? Hmmmm2Questionmark

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
D3 with cervical staining is always a safe choice.

doug

doug

Reaction score
call him and ask what shade the assistant chose.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Violet-pink incisal. Look at a 3D guide. Or like rkm use D3 as a base. Stain the orange root.
You didn't say what material .

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the advice guys. its going to be Emax.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Youre fortunate to have at least received a photo. The same patient could likely go to two different offices and and youd receive an Rx with A-2 from one, C-3 from the other.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Youre fortunate to have at least received a photo. The same patient could likely go to two different offices and and youd receive an Rx with A-2 from one, C-3 from the other.
If John was assisting it would be B3 and if Ron, it would be something about as yellow as butter.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I used to have a Dr call and say, 'this is B62. Got a pickup for you'.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If John was assisting it would be B3 and if Ron, it would be something about as yellow as butter.

That's what happens when you let the boss and the sales rep back in the porcelain room after a 2 hour lunch.Cheers

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
Hahahahaha u guys are too funny. I was actually in the room to take the shade and trying to take some photos too but dr told me he had some photos so i let my guard down thinking he had photos with shade tabs. I knew this was not a normal usual shade but it was close to A3.5 when i saw the patient but who knows with all the light reflection and shadow from his lips and sh i tttt i m fuked hahaha

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
But I m convinced and leaning towards b3 and some staining on the root area. like the Johns idea

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Hit the value right and forget the hue. Use an MT or HT ingot back there and it should disappear.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hahahahaha u guys are too funny. I was actually in the room to take the shade and trying to take some photos too but dr told me he had some photos so i let my guard down thinking he had photos with shade tabs. I knew this was not a normal usual shade but it was close to A3.5 when i saw the patient but who knows with all the light reflection and shadow from his lips and sh i tttt i m fuked hahaha
That's what you get for letting your guard down. Lol

user name

user name

Reaction score
I hate to one up you, but I had a note on the Rx that they had some pics if needed. I called and asked to have them emailed. Photos of the patient, no doubt...but his mouth was closed.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When I worked for my uncle we had an account that would choose B2 or B3 for 90+% of his cases. He did a hell of a lot of crown and bridge and if you were his patient long enough most of your teeth probably matched eventually.
I'll bet I get B shades for less than 2% of cases now.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
When I worked for my uncle we had an account that would choose B2 or B3 for 90+% of his cases. He did a hell of a lot of crown and bridge and if you were his patient long enough most of your teeth probably matched eventually.
I'll bet I get B shades for less than 2% of cases now.
I rarely ever do B2+ I have porcelain kits here where bottles of B2-4 are unopened.
I had a guy that I suspect was color blind, but wouldn't let his assistants pick the shades. Everything was D2 or D3. He sold his practice and now when I get scripts from the new guy I can count on the shade being in the D range