Angulated screw channel

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would like to gather some info about Angulated screw channel.
I am not gonna lie, we have some request on the topic to add this feature but I need to know, if you wanna share, some details to make sure we offer the best thing.

-What system you use right now?
-Do you design it in a software, if yes, which one?
-Do you have to configure your software to certain way?
-What brand of implant you would like to see this feature, let's say top 3 (I know all is a good answer)
-Up to how much degree you need?

Also if anyone have any sample, STL files, whatosever to share let's me know im PM.

Best regards

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just want an asc screw for all titanium abutments.
I design in 3 Shape.2015 at this point.
20-25 degrees is fine.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am not gonna lie, we have some request on the topic to add this feature but I need to know, if you wanna share, some details to make sure we offer the best thing.

-What brand of implant you would like to see this feature, let's say top 3 (I know all is a good answer)

Also if anyone have any sample, STL files, whatosever to share let's me know im PM.

Best regards

As of now the only people I know offering true ASC workflow, is Nobel and Dess, also i think dynamics abutment solution. Mainly 25 degree max. Dess and D.A.S. have it across many platforms so you can do a ASC on a zimmer as were zimmer doesn't offer it. The amount of degree needed is up to you while in the design, I have gone as far as 25 and that was more then enough.

1.JPG 2.JPG

This is a Nobel ASC. I think 20-24degrees

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Hi All,

Best regards

I'd like to see you share some usable know-how sometimes...then I give you STL's and whatever info you need...;)
asc.png

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
Zero_zero,
You should come and assist at one of my lectures, I share a lots of know-how during them.
Plus my website have many of them

Here a start : https://www.pantheradental.com/academy/

Now if you ask me how I mill our bar, you are a funny guy ;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Thanks, I feel soooo much more educated now o_O

Now if you ask me how I mill our bar, you are a funny guy ;)
Not asking for that...there are plenty of CNC machinists in town.

But I'm confident that you or one of your guys will be able to reverse engineer the system...all you have to do is to modify the screw seats to accept an angled-access screw and increase the channel diameter slightly...Cheers

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
it was never about the machining that is the problem. We can make a tool to manufacture whatever we need to make.

This is more about product planning and proper protocols to get FDA clearance now. It's not the wild west of the tech world....that's come and gone. Personally there are plenty of different design ideas that we could go with, especially for the screwdriver design.

On a different note, how come we haven't started using carbonfiber as a bar material?

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
I use my Nobel 2Gscanner for ASC but I am limited to Conical NP,RP Zirconia only.. Hopefully it will open up to other platforms soon...

D

demir

Reaction score
Do you know any knowledge about Cara I-bridge angulated

SpyGr

SpyGr

Reaction score
Hi All,

Best regards

Exocad is doing this already

SpyGr

SpyGr

Reaction score
Hi All,

Best regards

In case you want more info contact me.........

[email protected]

Spyros

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
:Interesting - I thought Nobel had the patent on Angulated screw, possibly only single units though.
Back to Berard - I need the ASC on Straumann implants, and really prefer an FDA approved
metal ASC abutment that will accept the Omnigrip driver.
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
:Interesting - I thought Nobel had the patent on Angulated screw, possibly only single units though.
Back to Berard - I need the ASC on Straumann implants, and really prefer an FDA approved
LCM

Pretty sure this is never going to happen.

Beatrice

Beatrice

Reaction score
LCM, you physically cannot do an angulated screw channel using the same screw driver, it need to be this special "ball" shaped screwdriver since you screw in angle.
Now doing it on Straumann it not a problem as far as I know, but will need investigation.

Thank so far for all the help.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
LCM

Ditto John...it will never happen. Every implant company will have their proprietary way or you can use ours which we have screws for all the major systems and one driver but pending FDA....soon very soon that will be behind us....

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score

Nobel Patent Priority March 23 2000

Heraeus Patent Priority March 20 2007 Granted in Europe. Filed in US, Canada, China, Japan, India, South Korea.
Heraeus Patent 2 Priority May 16 2011 Granted in Australia and Korea. Filed in US, Canada, Japan and Europe.

Heraeus includes something interesting you don't need line of slight, it uses a flexible screwdriver " a flexible shaft portion comprising a
plurality of wires twinned in a plurality of layers
WO@@@id00000006119053@@@10951757@@@200@@@0@@@000023.tif
WO@@@id00000006119053@@@10951757@@@200@@@0@@@000025.tif
Second Patent
WOEP2012059152@@@true@@@en

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
Large companies will obtain patents cover all the major continents. There are numerous patents on every aspect of dental implants ,components, and materials. Many times they cost so much to enforce and there are numerous ways to get around them.