LiSi (Questions)

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
So is this Lithium Silicate (LiSi) the same as Lithium Disilicatr (LD)? They're both Lithium Silicate based, I'm assuming less silicate in
LiSi on a chemical level. What are the are the advantages or disadvantages of either when compared?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So is this Lithium Silicate (LiSi) the same as Lithium Disilicatr (LD)? They're both Lithium Silicate based, I'm assuming less silicate in
LiSi on a chemical level. What are the are the advantages or disadvantages of either when compared?

Mr. Troy, I'd press both out on the same case and compare. I'm about to do this myself and will post pictures, but I think what we will see is much more chroma or life to the LiSi since it doesn't gray out nearly as much as E.max does, especially in thin areas. However, who knows, I know E.max works, been working with it for a decade, but I like the idea of advancements in our industry and willing to give it a try.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I wonder if you can repress the left over ingots ?:D ( ReLISI ? )

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Or ReLiS, pronounced "Release"

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok for lisi press .
Enamel or incisal ingot is huge.
57, 58, 59, 60, and Bleach and Bleach X
Saves me a ton of time, Can do press and stain or just press and glaze veneers and 3/4 crowns
Some times I do minimal like micro layering on incisal using some white porc if there may be a line where you see the die through because it is a translucent ingot. But it doesn't take much. and not an issue if the prep is translucent.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
vita's Suprinity is Lithium Silicate.

that help ?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Also the MT ingots are way better than Emax MT for press and stain IMO.
They are not as chalky as emax MT and not grey like emax HT.
They make much nicer press and stain crns IMO.
I absolutely love the B1 MT Lisi Press, makes beautiful press and stain. Emax MT BT I think looks terrible really need blue stain or layered incsal

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ive pressed about 200 ingots and have probably 50 production pics of partially devested rings with dies inserted.into the crowns.

I press at 915 with 20 min hold time in my ep 3000 and 600 combi.
I know Bill Marais is pressing at 913 and a couple of guys at 910. But my sweet spot is 915. I think that is same as emax or close to it.
I use same for small and large rings.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
My opinion may appear biased cause I'm a kol and have been testing it for a year but I put it into immediate production after 2 failed pressings and all the results I have shown are production cases.
300 plus units and only 2 single unit molars for demo. I will start making some demo cases.

As far as emax name brand I think of Lava or Coke and Pepsi.
For sure I think at least $20 cheaper a tube.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
My opinion may appear biased cause I'm a kol and have been testing it for a year but I put it into immediate production after 2 failed pressings and all the results I have shown are production cases.
300 plus units and only 2 single unit molars for demo. I will start making some demo cases.

As far as emax name brand I think of Lava or Coke and Pepsi.
For sure I think at least $20 cheaper a tube.
Your biased, just another sales weasel now...:p
Seriously though, I appreciate you coming on and sharing your thoughts and wisdom Al, much appreciated brother. My pressings came out great, still working on comparing the two though. Looks great so far. Are you doing a lot more full press and just stain for veneers with LiSi than you were with E.max?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes I've been doing 90 % press and glaze veneers with enamel.
Also the BO and BOO don't have the pink like
The BLs do

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Too me the LiSi press MTs are between Emax MT and HT so better for press and stain.
I do almost all lowers full contour

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yes I've been doing 90 % press and glaze veneers with enamel.
Also the BO and BOO don't have the pink like
The BLs do
That's great information right there....how about masking properties? I know whenever when we don't get a stump shade or are in need of masking out a dark stump on an anterior we would go with a E.max LT...what's your go to ingot line of choice for LiSi?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
When Japan asked our opinion we told them the US biggest market is monolithic.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Also, your thoughts about e.max ceram layering vs. LiSi layering....any differences that stand out?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Well they have the MO ingots.
For LT right now they only have
LT A ,B,C and D. Only one of each with
A and B being pretty true A1 and B1
I told them we need at least a darker ingot for each shade.
Like A light and Dark or a A3 equivalent.
That should be coming later not something to hold up release over

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I didnt know you spoke Japanese Al! Konichiwa!

Im wondering if the incisal ingots take to staining well. Often with a translucent ingot the stain can appear splotchy if its not perfectly distributed.. Are they like the VE veneer ingots from the initial PC system?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Yes for me there is a much bigger firing sweet spot window.
In other words. Emax slight under fire and full of micro pits or bubbles. Slight over fire and glassy and rounded edges.
Small window in between.
LiSi much more forgiving IMO. Can fire high for clarity and not have to over fire.
Also incisals have more white not as grey.
And dentins more chroma.
I use it on all my Zir and press

Top Bottom