Sometimes.....

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand what they are thinking when they place these.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
It's a PITA when they place NP in a soccer field and ask to maintain contacts with adjacent dentition . Then when you ask your docs why.. ?, they say, well the surgeon is restricted of what they have of bone structure. Hey it's up to us to do miracles. After all we are dental magiciansHmmmm2

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It looks like it's around a 3.5. At least if they would have been able to place a 4.5, could've helped?
Or, does the length of a implant, make more of a difference than the width, regarding strength and integration?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It's an Ankylos implant, it probably is 3.5ish. He wants no tissue displacement but it wouldn't help much if he did because it isn't very deep.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Not the same case, but......

Dr.: I can't get it seated and I don't think this is the correct size abutment for this implant. See how it isn't the same size as the healing cap?

Me: Its the correct abutment for the analog you gave me. I called xxxxxxx and gave them the analog part # and asked for the correct abutment.

Dr. :

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Not the same case, but......

Dr.: I can't get it seated and I don't think this is the correct size abutment for this implant. See how it isn't the same size as the healing cap?

Me: Its the correct abutment for the analog you gave me. I called xxxxxxx and gave them the analog part # and asked for the correct abutment.

Dr. :
Dr.:Hmmmm2

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have one just like this.. implant logistics 200.. Going to do a custom abutment in Ti, I will try to post some pics.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I would guess that a surgeon placed that. They have no understanding of the process, just how to put it where the most bone is. I'd also bet that that implant was sitting on the shelf and, well, since it was paid for a long time ago, why not get the money out of it. Yeah, I'm a bit cynical, but after all of these years it's become second nature. That's team work without a team.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Cantilever bridge requested

Attachments

• DSC03682.JPG
    DSC03682.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 56
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
A quadrant impression as well.....
I've done so many 3-unit bridges on quadrant models that I don't even bat an eye at a single unit implant case with a posterior tooth for a stop.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Cantilever bridge requested

Just remade one last week due to breaking the top of the abutment off. It wan't quite as extreme as your photo, but along the same line, overextending to fill in the space.

The Dr placed the implant. This is the 2nd one he has placed like this. The 1st one I "refused" to close the space. It ended up in being for a engineer, who understood my concerns of fulcrum and occlusal forces, and was ok with it. That case is still doing well.

On this remake, he said to charge him full price, and to make it narrower (a canoe) and light occlusion, and if this one fails, we will do the 3rd one and not close the space, like we did the other patient. He did say I would be charging him full price, if it was needed. At least he is realistic in that regard, as far as my time and labor. Poor patient, though. Possibly 3 times for 1 implant :(

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
make it narrower (a canoe) and light occlusion
This always gets me, lighter occlusion. As soon as the patient bites something it will be in occlusion.
If it is narrower than it is just a narrower lever, but still a lever.
You should keep refusing my friend, seems you have the better judgment in that relationship.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I've always wonder about that one, too...light occlusion, as when food gets in that space, it's under load o_O

Thanks for the kind word, 2th :)

Top Bottom