C&B Waxing

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Any good reading or video's on this? I am a ceramist that kinda skipped being a waxer and need to grow my skills in this area. Thanks in advance.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I love waxing by hand but so rarely do it anymore, so much quicker and to be honest with better results to scan and design.

A good starting place for waxing books would be the PTC books. Not super artistic but a good starting point.

Z

ZionDental

Reaction score
well singles are not to worry long as you get the margins right but bridges start to get tricky. A lot of shrinkage happen during reconnecting connection area or sprueing so watch out for that and way of sprueing the bridges you gotta do it right so the metal flows in best direction.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Any good reading or video's on this? I am a ceramist that kinda skipped being a waxer and need to grow my skills in this area. Thanks in advance.

Which area?

Metal or pressables? Waxing is only a stage in a larger process.
I think learning a cad program is more important at this stage of the game. Pouring wax into a mold is the only skill you need to acquire.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Which area?

Metal or pressables? Waxing is only a stage in a larger process.
I think learning a cad program is more important at this stage of the game. Pouring wax into a mold is the only skill you need to acquire.
i dont know about the "only" skill...but it sure seems to be the more ideal aspect to learn!
sadly, the art of drop waxing is becoming extinct. not only are there fewer and fewer techs with that skill, theres less and less need/desire for it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i dont know about the "only" skill...but it sure seems to be the more ideal aspect to learn!
sadly, the art of drop waxing is becoming extinct. not only are there fewer and fewer techs with that skill, theres less and less need/desire for it.
Even Al uses a wax mold for his pressables. Metal frames? If the lab needs their ceramist to wax frames then there are bigger issues. Most ceramist should have the dexterity to hand wax .

dentaltech76

dentaltech76

Reaction score
My ♡ is waxing. Loved to wax a big round house with attachments....now I just talk about it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
My ♡ is waxing. Loved to wax a big round house with attachments....now I just talk about it.
It's pure creativity and pure science, simultaneously. Where else do you ever get the joy of mixing those that completely?

user name

user name

Reaction score
It's pure creativity and pure science, simultaneously. Where else do you ever get the joy of mixing those that completely?
When I stirred up some baby gravy and made my daughter.;)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When I stirred up some baby gravy and made my daughter.;)
I have doubts that at that moment science or creativity was a focus. I could be wrong, there's some very creative copulants, but
o_O
Wait a minute. Why am I replying??