Celtra (dentsply)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i know the cerec docs have been using this, anyone know the general feedback on the Celtra?

i have seen some final crowns, they look decent (dont look at margins, thats a cerec issue, not celtra lol)...wasnt sure if anyone has a client using some or not. heck, maybe someone here is milling it instead of emax...though i cant see why youd be milling emax or celtra.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
i know the cerec docs have been using this, anyone know the general feedback on the Celtra?

i have seen some final crowns, they look decent (dont look at margins, thats a cerec issue, not celtra lol)...wasnt sure if anyone has a client using some or not. heck, maybe someone here is milling it instead of emax...though i cant see why youd be milling emax or celtra.

I have tried it and it looks good. Actually I sent a Celtra and an e.max for tooth #10 and the dentist picked the Celtra. He said that it just looked better.
The negative side to Celtra is the glazing process. Unless it has changed from a few years ago, you have to glaze it on a special pad and not on pegs. I could not figure out how to glaze it without the glaze running down onto the pad and creatin flash.
Most of the dentists are probably just milling it and not putting it through the glazing process which almost doubles its strength. It is I think 200 mpa without the glazing process.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have tried it and it looks good. Actually I sent a Celtra and an e.max for tooth #10 and the dentist picked the Celtra. He said that it just looked better.
The negative side to Celtra is the glazing process. Unless it has changed from a few years ago, you have to glaze it on a special pad and not on pegs. I could not figure out how to glaze it without the glaze running down onto the pad and creatin flash.
Most of the dentists are probably just milling it and not putting it through the glazing process which almost doubles its strength. It is I think 200 mpa without the glazing process.
interesting.
I think I heard its supposed to be glazed with a low-fusing glaze, but I don't know any specs on what they advise...brand/temp/etc
thanks for the tidbits! I may have to look into it some more.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I've tried it. I wasn't impressed. It had a... "graininess" to it. Marginal integrity was poor and I kept chipping so I shelved it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I've tried it. I wasn't impressed. It had a... "graininess" to it. Marginal integrity was poor and I kept chipping so I shelved it.
margins are key, thats no good!