Sterilization

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I clean my pumice wheels in procide and use fresh pumice on every case, the wheels soak up the procide something fierce and I waste a ton of it. I was wondering if I could just microwave the rag wheels as long as they were damp, what temp would I need to get to and how long. Does any one thing microwaving will not be effective at killing the yuck that comes from dentures.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
excellent question! *awaiting smart replies*

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I clean my pumice wheels in procide and use fresh pumice on every case, the wheels soak up the procide something fierce and I waste a ton of it. I was wondering if I could just microwave the rag wheels as long as they were damp, what temp would I need to get to and how long. Does any one thing microwaving will not be effective at killing the yuck that comes from dentures.
I'd wait until after lunch to do it. Puke

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What about a bleach solution?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Boiling water cannot kill viruses - would not do that at all.
False sense of security.
Autoclave, if done properly, have a better shot, and even then, not
foolproof.
LCM

C

Campbellslab

Reaction score
I typically use cavicide mixed in water. Ill soak my wheels before polishing and use the water mix to mix my pumice as well.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I have found chlorhexidine gluconate to work well on rag wheels and is almost as safe as peroxide. I use a new peroxide from chlorox

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Put them in a dish of water, give them about 10 min on high. That'll do it.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Boiling water cannot kill viruses - would not do that at all.
False sense of security.
Autoclave, if done properly, have a better shot, and even then, not
foolproof.
LCM
The protocol for sterilizing a denture during treatment for candidiasis is immersion in water and microwaving.
You forget that the energy penetrates and excites molecules inside. It's not simply boiling water.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Where do I get it?
Walgreens, Osco, CVS or on line. A name brand in Hibiclens but I get generic (same chemical 4-6%). Unlike peroxide, or ethanol it has residual action 2-6 hours.

Top Bottom