Looking for a solder

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
So, I had this roll of solder for ever to the point that the original spool and label is long gone and I forgot what it was, hope you guys could point me in the right direction.
I believe is silver based since it turns dark after prolonged intraoral exposure, low enough melting point for a butane torch and it sticks to pretty much any alloy I've ever tried on. Guess it came on a 1/2 lb spool (20ga) for ortho and/or cast partial repairs ? Any ideas ?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
So, I had this roll of solder for ever to the point that the original spool and label is long gone and I forgot what it was, hope you guys could point me in the right direction.
I believe is silver based since it turns dark after prolonged intraoral exposure, low enough melting point for a butane torch and it sticks to pretty much any alloy I've ever tried on. Guess it came on a 1/2 lb spool (20ga) for ortho and/or cast partial repairs ? Any ideas ?
Did you get it from your Uncle Vito the plumber?

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

Probably silver solder for ortho appliances. Try Great Lakes Ortho or someone similar, if this is what you want to use on a permanent restoration. Personally, I would use something designed not to tarnish/corrode over time in the mouth.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Probably silver solder for ortho appliances. Try Great Lakes Ortho or someone similar, if this is what you want to use on a permanent restoration. Personally, I would use something designed not to tarnish/corrode over time in the mouth.

Thanks, I'll give 'em a call...it's not for dental purposes tho...

Top Bottom