Denturist

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
It's not easy to move actually as you know( whole family and kinds)
I have good experience in denture I work since 1998 till now.
I'd like to share with you I am not young (45 years) sometimes I feel I get older to go to school again but at the same time I want to improve my knowledge and revenue as well.

How bad do you want it?
I had to move across Canada six times in four years before I finally finished my training and apprenticeships.
It cost me my wife at the time. (Best thing I ever did LOL).
Nothing worth having in this business comes easy. (Unless you were born into it, but then you have to put up with your relatives being in your face all the time. LOL.
This isn't an easy job. Not in the least. If you aren't a people person, and are short fused... don't bother. If you have issues with taking risks in business, this ain't for you. If you aren't comfortable with gossip, vindictive colleagues, and people who can never be satisfied, this ain't for you.
If you can't swallow your pride, take constructive criticism from people who know less that you do about your work, then this ain't for you.
If you are willing to work with people who are happy, complimentary, nice, polite, and all unicorns and carnival rides... but turn monsters after wearing an immediate denture for five minutes then this is the job for you. If you like dealing with sometimes over regulated policies, board enquiries into patient complaints of "my 40 year old denture fit fine and these new ones you made don't fit as well even though I wore them for three hours so I want my money back".
If you like overpaying in commercial rental space not fit for a wig factory, If you like coming home smelling like burnt acrylic and second hand halitosis. If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain... this is the job for you.
I took to drinkin' early in my carreer, so I cope well.
Doctor says I'm lookin' good for a 70 year old... you should have seen his face when I told him I was 46.

K

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope you are doing great.
I am thinking to join a school to study a Denturist but I get a problem I live in Connecticut this cerification unfortunately doesn't work here.
What do you suggest to get this cerification ( relocate to other state that approved this certificate? )
Other questions is there any online denturist courses?

Thanks

As a denturist from Maine... I wouldn't do it again if I got to start life over. I think we are a step above pond scum in the eyes of most dentists but when I leave the state, I simply register as a technician for con-ed courses.

K

Kathryn

Reaction score
How bad do you want it?
I had to move across Canada six times in four years before I finally finished my training and apprenticeships.
It cost me my wife at the time. (Best thing I ever did LOL).
Nothing worth having in this business comes easy. (Unless you were born into it, but then you have to put up with your relatives being in your face all the time. LOL.
This isn't an easy job. Not in the least. If you aren't a people person, and are short fused... don't bother. If you have issues with taking risks in business, this ain't for you. If you aren't comfortable with gossip, vindictive colleagues, and people who can never be satisfied, this ain't for you.
If you can't swallow your pride, take constructive criticism from people who know less that you do about your work, then this ain't for you.
If you are willing to work with people who are happy, complimentary, nice, polite, and all unicorns and carnival rides... but turn monsters after wearing an immediate denture for five minutes then this is the job for you. If you like dealing with sometimes over regulated policies, board enquiries into patient complaints of "my 40 year old denture fit fine and these new ones you made don't fit as well even though I wore them for three hours so I want my money back".
If you like overpaying in commercial rental space not fit for a wig factory, If you like coming home smelling like burnt acrylic and second hand halitosis. If you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain... this is the job for you.
I took to drinkin' early in my carreer, so I cope well.
Doctor says I'm lookin' good for a 70 year old... you should have seen his face when I told him I was 46.

This is so accurate I feel like you have been eve's dropping on my thoughts....
signed, a Maine Licensed denturist

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
As a denturist from Maine... I wouldn't do it again if I got to start life over. I think we are a step above pond scum in the eyes of most dentists but when I leave the state, I simply register as a technician for con-ed courses.

I'm lucky I live and practice in Canada... The dentists here are great partners in treatment... (although most of us are still pretty much pond scum).

D

dborla01

Reaction score
We are happy that we took the leap, after years of "serving" dentistry.Banghead With the goal of financial independence, the monetary sacrifices were made and the results are more or less what we expected;)....with the surprising fact of higher than thought, fixed overhead expenses.o_O Local dentists respect us and Pt's are referred to each other, depending on individual needs. Life is good, although not easy at times.:)

Top Bottom