Snap-on smile

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anybody made a snap-on smile "knock-off"?. I have this dentist who wants to know if I can make one.

I assume you would block-out undercuts, wax it up, flask, inject, polish yada yada.

or are these CAD/CAM'd and tell the dentist no I can't make it.

thanks

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I thought it was made with tooth colored flexible material (CMD or CDM, I'm bad with names even when it's just initials). So there is little blocking out. It's cosmetic but I'd hesitate to call it dentistry any more than I would grill work. It's more like avoiding dentistry. I recommend these SMILES instead.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I asked them if they could make 'em out of something a bit sturdier so I could chop and dice with 'em...but, no. Too much trouble.

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
see...i saw those things...the snap-on smiles...looked pretty CHEESY 2 me...
please tell me they are a joke...one step behind a lumineer...???
right...???
(and what i mean...it's NOT a permanent solution for dental needs...)
just somethin' they "put in" and "take out"...???
but...they aren't REAL...RIGHT...???:confused:

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
It's good enough to get them by till all their teeth fall out. It's just an economical way to keep them from wasting money on fruitless and expensive C&B crap so they can save up for a nice, shiny, plastic denture.

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
It's good enough to get them by till all their teeth fall out. It's just an economical way to keep them from wasting money on fruitless and expensive C&B crap so they can save up for a nice, shiny, plastic denture.
"nice"...:fencing:

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
and again...thanx...that's what i thought...
i saw some thread...on the "other site"...boy...they were talkin' so serious...almost as serious as they do w/ the lummy crap...
:cheer2: :lalala: :banplease: :deadhorse:
:party:
:elefant: :puke: :stupid: :banghead:
:withstupid: :canabis: :stupido: :toilet:
:heeeelllllooooo:

i love this crap...!!! (JACK...they DO ROCK) :yo:
but how the hell do i put it "over there"...???!!!???!!!
i copied...i pasted...i html'd...went to page source...i don't get it...?/?
i wanted to put the "fencing" thing on one of the hill-billy's deal's...
-i couldn't figure it out... popcorn

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
When I stole one of the smilies I just right clicked on the image and did a copy then pasted it in the reply box.

S

sampson

Reaction score
i have clients / patients who would LOVE this - as a quick fix (of course)
what material is used?
and how do i contact the company?

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Clicking on either of the links on post #8...might do it.

T

toof makr

NOVICE
Reaction score
i SUCK...got nuttin'...2 many working parts...???
maybe i haven't had my "medication" yet...:der:
a bit early over here...do you thing you're gonna B able to hold my hand...AND walk me through it...???
there's more 2 it...don't BS me...i ain't THAT stupid...just SLOW...!!!:stupido:

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I'll see if I can speak C&B...careful and BIG...later though got to get back to work. End of the month, you know.

O

oldretread

Reaction score
The Dr. I worked for up til a couple of months ago loves them. Patient acceptance was "so-So". Appear to be made from white injected "nylon like" material. Semi flexible,
must be handled with care by patient. Had two break at delivery/insertion. Cost to patient with this Dr., $700. There is no way ro repair "in lab". Must be sent back to Snap On Smile with new model. No chewy - no bitey with these. Purely a "cover up".

K

Konoval

Reaction score
Snap-on Device

Can be done with Dental-D or Esthetic Perfectum [w/o inorganics] USA.The key---Patien selection[worn teeth,tripod or fourpod abutments,more or less parallel,lost VDO].Doctors usually do.'t know dental materials,so it is difficult for them to prepare mouth before impression[some pathway insertion considering slight flexibility of material[acetal,acetal=polyoxymethelyne impregnated].Drawback:difficulties to get more retentionif it loose after finishing by Tech.,repare.Since U put it inside---it is unbreakable,chew stakes,bones.I started to wear shell from different plastic[my research] from 1987,but it was not so succesful b/c material.But I had no choice-just came back from Bering Streight[was panishment by KGB] and after Scorbi can not make conventional RPD.In 2000 Famous German tech Rainer Michell visited me in my hause in FL and showed me his lower splint from Dental-D.And I made the same for myself on the top--wearing till now.Red necks in mt area like this[instead $15000 fof roundhouse].Only in 2006 in Dentistry Today some guy pretended to be inventor,called Snap-on[I called it in my advertisement like AP splint from 2001].

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
The KGB punished you?......I bet that is a hell of a story!!!!!!!!

K

Konoval

Reaction score
It was mild punishment[politikal reason]-they did not prove actually,and it was already not Lenin-Stalin era:so then I was homeless[the city was isolated,like many others in USSR even for own citizens,population:former politikal and crime people, who were released from concentration camps,former Japanese soldgies,nazi supporters,traitors-all w/o permition to leave this city ,former members of young division of communist party,almost all international organization[liberals],European and USA liberals,who fell in love in Soviet System of 1930...;all mixed,partially degraded [alcoholism],very small amount of native[like eskimo] people,kind,good,but prone to degradation[alcoholism],then gold panner,than salor on fishing boats,and only than---dentist and dental technician,caster,phisician in ER room in hospital...

Top Bottom