emax ingot selection

K

kmart

Reaction score
What would you guys press a 5m1 3d shade out of? 7,8,9 with about 1.5 mm buccally.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
images

K

kmart

Reaction score
Ok I will consider that. I've done c3 before with decent results. Maybe I'll try d2 with a full labial cut back, dusted with neutral, stained and then layered

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
8b822b67a1a35215a101408c21950816.jpg
6300036a31a84e813d37e7c140a64bdb.jpg

What would you guys/gals use? The prescription has no stump shade and asks for shade D2 (slightly lighter). The dentist only asks for Veneers to be made and leaves the material choice up to me. The laterals beside these two centrals will be done in the future.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I don't have any impulse ingots. I think I'm going to use D2 LT and layer some porcelain buccally.

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Is there any metal on preparated teeth? If no I would use HT D2 and color it till I faint :D

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Is there any metal on preparated teeth? If no I would use HT D2 and color it till I faint :D

Since #24 is so labially positioned, and we don't know the prep shade, I would probably stay clear of a HT ingot, otherwise, you would probably end up with a prep headlight on #24. Thinning out the LT D2 just enough not to headlight, and then layering the inc., would be a better option IMO (esp since aidihra didn't have the V1 Impluse/MT ingot). :)

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ok. I have a full upper arch in monolithic e.max. Shade 3M1, which I'm calling a C1, with a stump shade of B4 which is close to ND3. The ingot selection wheel is saying HT BL2, LT C1, and then the High and Med Opacity but since he wants mono those two are out. Should I go with LT C1? 3M1 is kinda close to D3 as well so what about LT D2 or D3?

A

adl

Reaction score
Ok. I have a full upper arch in monolithic e.max. Shade 3M1, which I'm calling a C1, with a stump shade of B4 which is close to ND3. The ingot selection wheel is saying HT BL2, LT C1, and then the High and Med Opacity but since he wants mono those two are out. Should I go with LT C1? 3M1 is kinda close to D3 as well so what about LT D2 or D3?
Do you have multi ingots?

A

adl

Reaction score
Then LT D2 would be my choice. .if you do a lot of this type of cases ,take a look at the multi ingots. They come in really handy and they can turn out really pretty with less effort.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

Hi Riley,

I have to ask how thick (on average) are the restorations? If they are in the 1.2-1.8mm range I would go with the ingot selection wheel, as that is taking into account the translucency level of the ingot at those thicknesses. If they are 1.9 or greater the thickness is going to block out the prep pretty well and then you could go with either the LT C1 or the LT D2 (whichever you feel is closer). I would always err on the side of lighter and brighter, though. This gives you room to adjust if necessary.

Top Bottom