Pressing Emax Press in Jelrus Universal EXPress

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I hope I do this right.

I am a new user of Emax Press and do not have an Ivoclar pressing oven.
They only give pressing parameters for their ovens. How long should I press once the oven reaches its high temp? Any other things I might need to know since I am not using an Ivoclar over?
Thanks for the help. Tim:)

Last edited:
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I hope I do this right.

I am a new user of Emax Press and do not have an Ivoclar pressing oven.
They only give pressing parameters for their ovens. How long should I press once the oven reaches its high temp? Any other things I might need to know since I am not using an Ivoclar over?
Thanks for the help. Tim:)
Hey Tim, Welcome I have Ivoclars furnace and mine is preset so I never paid attention to specific parameters. Are you taking about the hold time before it presses?
Here is what my manual says.
1292 F to 1679 F, temp increase 108 F per min., 15 min hold time(small ring)
25 min hold time(large ring),vacumn start at 930F. And then it says A 300, I dont know what that stands for, mabey pressing pressure?

It says that when using other furnaces the temp may deviate as much as 50 degrees F +/-.
LabGuy presses the emax ingots using a whipmix furnace mabey he can tell you his temps and holding time.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I think we can help you out with your problem. Al is right on telling you to raise your temperatures. Competitor ovens other than the Ivoclar presses seem to be on the cold side. You may go through 5 or 6 ingots dialing things in, but with a little patience, you can get the pressings to work. If you get heavy reaction layers on the e.max (finning, flash etc.) your too hot, drop the high temp 10C (you can also try a 15 minute hold). If the pressing comes up short (margins) the press is cold. Bump high temp 10C. Try these in your oven first though:

BASE TEMP: 700C
HIGH TEMP: 945C
RISE PER MIN: 60C
HOLD: 20 minutes
VACUUM LEVEL FULL: You want the press to pull vacuum the ENTIRE pressing program!!!!!
AIR PRESSURE: 82lbs (if the Jelrus has that option)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I also believe the emax programs on the Ivoclar ovens have something special associated to how the press starts and stops or the lack of that. I know they tell you to program it on the Ep500 on a program number above 14 I think.

I think it has something to do with how the glass reacts while pressing but its been a while since I had the convo with the rep.

I think a call to Ivoclar tech would be in order.

Good luck

2th-man

2th-man

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help.
I called Ivoclar and talked to Ernie in the tech dept. but he wasn't able to help me with the Jelrus oven, since their oven doesn't press based on time, but has sensors that tell the oven when to automatically finish the press.
I will take your input and start the trial and error process. As I do this I am sure I will be back with more questions.
Thanks, Tim

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
What did the tech at Jelrus say??

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what Al said, call the manufacture of Jelrus (Jensen????),they well tell you.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I just started experimenting with Emax press without the Ivoclar pressing furnace. My local Ivoclar rep gave me some samples to try for free, but told me he can't sell me the product unless I purchase their furnace. Of course, he also told me that we can work something out if I really like the product. I have the CeramPress™ Qex Porcelain and Pressing Furnace and I've been using Jensen's CP pressables with not many satisfactory results. I've went through 3 Emax ingots before I figured out the proper pressing temperature. I make my pressables like a coping and add porcelain to the facial surfaces. I made 2 Emax crowns that I am happy with so far.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
I just started experimenting with Emax press without the Ivoclar pressing furnace. My local Ivoclar rep gave me some samples to try for free, but told me he can't sell me the product unless I purchase their furnace. Of course, he also told me that we can work something out if I really like the product. I have the CeramPress™ Qex Porcelain and Pressing Furnace and I've been using Jensen's CP pressables with not many satisfactory results. I've went through 3 Emax ingots before I figured out the proper pressing temperature. I make my pressables like a coping and add porcelain to the facial surfaces. I made 2 Emax crowns that I am happy with so far.
Hi Aidihra Can you please let me know what parameters are you using for emax?? I also have #2 QEX Press ovens and I will be using emax soon. Based on parameters written by sixonice before, the pressing time is missing..

VACUUM LEVEL FULL: You want the press to pull vacuum the ENTIRE pressing program!!!!! OK
AIR PRESSURE: 82lbs (if the Jelrus has that option) mine is at 4.5 psi

Thank you very much for your time

Jorge

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Your right! I did forget the pressing time. Generally, and depending on what your pressing pressing times vary between 8 - 10 minutes. Set your pressing time to 9 minutes as the benchmark, and see how your results are.

PGguy

PGguy

Reaction score
my specs for e-max are...

Small ring:
700 base temp
915 high temp
60 rise temp/min
15min hold time

C

Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Emax

I have been using the Zubler Vario Press 300 Furnace with Argibond SpeedVest and have had no prblems what so ever. Hope that helps.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Ceramic Studio. Have you tried Ivoclars PressVest Speed?

Im in AUS as well and have not thought of trying the Argibond speed investment.

How is the reaction layer with that investment?

Cheers
Tony

C

Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Finnster68. Yes we have tried the IPS PressVest Speed we found no real difference with the reaction layer.

The only difference is its 1/4 the price. Argibond speed Vest is a pressing Investment.

Give it a try.

Cheers
Ben

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Ben

Cheers might give it a run :)

Tony

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Ben

What liquid / water ratio you using for the Argibond Speedvest.

I got some samples to try (60g) so will have to use 2 bags lol but just wondering what ratios your using.

Cheers
Tony

C

Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hey Finnister

The ratio i have been using is for a 200gm Ring is 4 Bags speed Vest (240gm)
to 64 ml Speed vest liquid no water. 25 mins Setting times then in furnace at 850 for 1 hour.

We have done 12 or so using that formula both full wax up and copings we have had no problems with expansion or reaction layer but we are using a Zubler furnace.

Cheers Mate let me Know how you go

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Ben

Thanks will give it a run tomorrow.

I have the EP3000 from Ivoclar so hopefully it works as well as your Zubler with this investment.

Most other investments i have tried have produced a horrendous reaction layer :)

Cheers
Tony

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Hi Aidihra Can you please let me know what parameters are you using for emax?? I also have #2 QEX Press ovens and I will be using emax soon. Based on parameters written by sixonice before, the pressing time is missing..

VACUUM LEVEL FULL: You want the press to pull vacuum the ENTIRE pressing program!!!!! OK
AIR PRESSURE: 82lbs (if the Jelrus has that option) mine is at 4.5 psi

Thank you very much for your time

Jorge

I haven't used emax for 5 months (I've been using SwissNF). The press time I used was 10min.

Sorry for the late response.