Case Presentation

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
looks lovely what colours did you use Mike

V2 7-10, BL4HT #6
Kaki(spelling?) vita akzent plus for chroma on canine and cervicals. Maroon empress cervical prox.
Empress universal grey/ akzent plus bluegrey for trans incisal and prox.
Powders for 6, TI1 cervical/OE1 inc, OE3 halo
7-10 OE3 cervical, TI1/OE1/OE3/TRANS Clear incisal segmented
Mammalon 1and 2
empress 110/120, vanilla, copper essence mix for cracks
Bl3 dentine, IE, Bl4 deep dentine seperately for halo effects

I

imagedental11

Reaction score
awesome work, thanks for sharing

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
V2 7-10, BL4HT #6
Kaki(spelling?) vita akzent plus for chroma on canine and cervicals. Maroon empress cervical prox.
Empress universal grey/ akzent plus bluegrey for trans incisal and prox.
Powders for 6, TI1 cervical/OE1 inc, OE3 halo
7-10 OE3 cervical, TI1/OE1/OE3/TRANS Clear incisal segmented
Mammalon 1and 2
empress 110/120, vanilla, copper essence mix for cracks
Bl3 dentine, IE, Bl4 deep dentine seperately for halo effects

Forgot that I also used a little BL3 dentine on line angles.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Nice work! A little more work on the linguals. The bucal surface look awsome, love to use value ingots. The lt ingot sometimes have too much value on the margins.

JPA

JPA

Reaction score
Nice work! The bucals look awsome a little more on the linguals, love to use value ingots the LT sometimes have too much value on the margins.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Prep less style anterior, emax on pre's and rest of posterior next. V1 ingot with facial layering and everyone's favorite, VM13 on refractory.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice work Mike.

No bubbles on the solid model but why the open contacts between the bi's?

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Th
Nice work Mike.

No bubbles on the solid model but why the open contacts between the bi's?[/quote

Thanks rkm. I requested to resize bi's from doc to better accomidate finishing the rest of the posteriors for More symmetry.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I really, really, really , did I say really? I really like the closure of the interproximal and facial embrasures. Rest of the work is awesome.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Thanks dmonwaxa! Prepless is an adventure for sure. These had slight facial smoothing and rounding of labial incisal edges. Cervical proximal is the most difficult area to manage(easy to break),however, I find its okay if it's exposed as it still blends, looking natural like a stained or intense chroma area.

Cbite Dental Products

Cbite Dental Products

Reaction score
Nice work! The cut back in wax would make your work so much easier...a lot faster too. Keep up the good quality.

Cbite

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Prep less style anterior, emax on pre's and rest of posterior next. V1 ingot with facial layering and everyone's favorite, VM13 on refractory.
View attachment 15080 View attachment 15081 View attachment 15082 View attachment 15083 View attachment 15084 View attachment 15085
In these kind of jobs, do you run the glaze of the disilicate before layering ceramic buccally or do at the end of the job?
If you do everything together at the end of the job, you can get a well glazed surface of the part in disilicate?

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
In these kind of jobs, do you run the glaze of the disilicate before layering ceramic buccally or do at the end of the job?
If you do everything together at the end of the job, you can get a well glazed surface of the part in disilicate?

Hey principefly. My general sequence for cutback type emax.

1. Stain characterization
2. Additional characterization if needed, plus vita LT glaze on mono areas(780c)
3. 2 body fires
4. margin and or contour fix with 30% add-on at 725-730c if needed
5. glaze fire ceram surface with emax glaze and a little touch up if needed on mono surfaces

I like the results with vita LT this way, otherwise having used emax glaze before body fires on mono surfaces turns white at dentine temps.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Hey principefly. My general sequence for cutback type emax.

1. Stain characterization
2. Additional characterization if needed, plus vita LT glaze on mono areas(780c)
3. 2 body fires
4. margin and or contour fix with 30% add-on at 725-730c if needed
5. glaze fire ceram surface with emax glaze and a little touch up if needed on mono surfaces

I like the results with vita LT this way, otherwise having used emax glaze before body fires on mono surfaces turns white at dentine temps.

Thank you very much Dentalmike!