Emax HO 1 & 2 Ingots

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the new HO 1 or 2 ingots?

The HO ingot masks everything out even posts but it is so white you have to mask it out.

Im going to order both shades today and just wondering if anybody has used them or has seen how they look in the mouth?

Im going to try one of them on this case, this is a 17 yr old boy.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_HO.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_HO1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_HO.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_HO1.jpg

Last edited:
S

Scooter

Reaction score
Al, I should be finishing one similar to your original case "does this match". It is a case with multiple intense shades from the prep. I used DD E-max porcelain and a touch of d.sign opaque(mix to flavor) and fired this on the inside of a D-2 Lt gave me about 50% coverage of the internal chroma which allowed me to finish building and covering with no problems so far. When I’m finished I’ll shoot you some photos prior to seating and see if I can get some finals in the mouth. It would be a great cheat for a case such as this one.

Scott

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
The new HO1 & HO2 are a needed addition to the e.max line and now we have them. As Al had mentioned, the original HO ingots did a great job at masking whatever was underneath (be it a BLACK prep, implants or any general discoloration) but that "calming" down the HO was the next issue. With the HO1 you have a great base shade for I believe A1, A2, B1, B2 & C1. HO2 handles A3 & A3.5. Anything darker or other shades have to be processed with the original HO. Both new ingots work very well, mask out everything that can be thrown at it and make our jobs much easier instead of fighting that high value.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Are the HO`s a lower value than the LT bleached ingots? I used an LTb on a molar and had a hard time lowering the value to an A-2.
Has anyone used Empress Asthetic full press and shade for molars. I have used them for bi`s but am afraid of strength for molars.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Has anyone used Empress Asthetic full press and shade for molars. I have used them for bi`s but am afraid of strength for molars.

Once the Emax range was expanded with the HT ingots and all shades for the LT's i sold all my Empress Esthetic stuff.

Just couldnt see any reason at all to use Esthetic over Emax. I too would worry big time with strength of an Esthetic molar

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Are the HO`s a lower value than the LT bleached ingots? I used an LTb on a molar and had a hard time lowering the value to an A-2.

As yet i have not used the HO's a lot. Now the 2 extra shades are out i may start using them a bit more. Hopefully one of the other boys here can answer your question.

For an A2 shade i always use an A1 ingot, unless of course its a dark stump or Post. The bleach can be difficult to dull down

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score

The HO ingots are higher value and high opacity than the LT ingots. The LT's come in all the 16 classic Vita shades plus 4 bleach shades. I can understand you having difficulty lowering the value to an A2 using a LTB (you never told us what shade B you used, but I will assume you used the B1). Use an LT ingot either 1 shade lighter in the same chroma & value range or the shade prescribed.
Use the e.max Press on all your posteriors for the strength!! I only like the Empress Esthetic for anteriors when I am matching existing Empress Esthetic crowns already in place. e.max overall (especially now with the HT-High Translucent ingots) is a better way to go.

S

SSDS

Reaction score
This case looks like it will need more opacity than the HO1 or 2 can provide, unless Dr gives you plenty of room. A trick I use if I need extra opacity at the end of the case is I use the old Kulzer Dentacolor opaque powder mixed very thin with its liquid and paint it on the inside if the labial fitting surface. The trick is here is to paint it without effecting the fitting surface, sometimes I will relieve crown inside slightly. This material bonds extremely well with dual cure resin cements that Dentist will use. Good luck

A

AL1

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on ingot selection. I am going to order some HT ingots to try. I am also going to try the porcelain shades on emax pressed coping.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I am loving the new HO shades!
I used HO1 and no lie this crn is between .6 to max of .9 at its thickest point.
It came out a little light but that is fine with me.
It went in this morning.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho1_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho2.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho1_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ho3.jpg

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Al, what a awesome job on that case! Both patient and doctor must have been thrilled with the results. You didn't think the HO2 would have worked for that darker shade? Wonderful job! You are a true artist.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Very very nice result Al

What did you use for the white flurosis areas ?

The white from the essence kit ?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I think the HO, HO1 and HO2 will cover up most everything.

This case was underprepped. I usually do everything to keep the Dr from recalling the patient for more reduction.

I extended the core 90% of the way up and I cut or waxed the edge like mamallons because with HO ingots where it gets thin I figured you would see a line where the coping ended. Ive seen that with MOO copings.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_090.jpg

Then I painted glaze liquid on the entire facial and stained the gin 1/3 with a wash of Shade #1. Then I dusted the entire facial with DD A2 and fired that as my wash bake.
Then I did the build up.
I was very suprised at how nice it came out.
On the die with my gold die spacer the shade did darken but only slightly.
It did not change shades when I put it on the solid modell

No that is just white surface stain. But it took 3 coats. It is too heavy at the gin.
On thing very intresting. I glazed the crown and put it on the solid model and took pics then put the pics in the file next to the preop photos and saw right away by comparing the pics that my white was not nearly intense enough in some areas and that I needed a wash of white like frosting in other areas.
Also I noticed that my M incisal edge did not have enough brown trans, so I made the corrections.

Another thing I notice is that most teeth dont have the same polish that crowns have with painted on glaze. They seem to often times be more matte. It seems like I need to start highlighting areas of the facials with a rubber wheel and leaving it, not using diamond paste afterwards.
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_090.jpg

Last edited:
finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Hey AL.

I have a case here which i have pressed in HO1. Wanted to ask, does anyone have any idea how thin you can cut the HO back before it loses its blocking out abilities :)

Im doing a central, and the bottom third prep colour is ND9 and from there up towards the incisal its ND7. So quite dark

Shade will be B1.

The tooth is already displaced facially so i need to be able to make the HO coping as thin as i can so i dont end up making it stick out to far facially.

Would 0.5mm still mask out the ND9 you wreckon ???

Cheers
Tony

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hey AL.

I have a case here which i have pressed in HO1. Wanted to ask, does anyone have any idea how thin you can cut the HO back before it loses its blocking out abilities :)

Im doing a central, and the bottom third prep colour is ND9 and from there up towards the incisal its ND7. So quite dark

Shade will be B1.

The tooth is already displaced facially so i need to be able to make the HO coping as thin as i can so i dont end up making it stick out to far facially.

Would 0.5mm still mask out the ND9 you wreckon ???

Cheers
Tony

Tony, you have just about everything going against you here with this case haven't you!? Anyway, .5mm SHOULD block that out satisfactory for you. Wherever you can make the substructure thicker, go ahead and do that (I suggest a full-pressed lithium discilicate functional lingual) for strength, then layer your facial, mesial & distal. When layering, shading down that bright core with be important. For the wash I would paint with stain & glaze liquid, then do the "sprinkle technique" using your B1 dentin, then seeing where your at, then do a second build.

finnster68

finnster68

Yep im an Aussie
Reaction score
Thanks Six

Clients just love to test us on a regular basis :)

I was shown by August Brugera to use some "Profundo" from the essence kit to help knock down the value. Luckily being B1 its quite bright anyway but i will hook into it tomorrow and see how she comes up.

Thanks

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
For B1 Im torn between HOO and HO1.

S

scp

Reaction score
For B1 Im torn between HOO and HO1.

Could you guys please let me know from where you are buying your emax press Ingots?
Could I purchase them somewhere besides Reps?
I am looking for the HO1, HT, LT, and MO
Thank you very much!!!!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
As far as I know you can only purchase them from Ivoclar. They do have a decent online webshop though. https://us.shop.ivoclarvivadent.com/ and that allows you to browse most of their product offerings as well as take advantage of online promos. You can purchase individual vials of ingots here.

S

scp

Reaction score
As far as I know you can only purchase them from Ivoclar. They do have a decent online webshop though. https://us.shop.ivoclarvivadent.com/ and that allows you to browse most of their product offerings as well as take advantage of online promos. You can purchase individual vials of ingots here.

Thank you very much!!!
I was hoping that we could also purchase through another source....

Top Bottom